Going for pub meal today - Lodge Moor

The Sportsman Inn at Lodge Moor,just before The Three Merry Lads. I`ve heard The Plough is now good since it changed hands.

anywere that does fresh cooked food . no micro ping stuff

The Plough's food is all freshly cooked. Definitely worth a try. At the moment they only serve food in the evenings (5:30 - 8:30 I think, offhand) during the week, but from March 2nd are planning a lunchtime menu too.

There is no way that the burgers at the sportsman are microwave ones, there hand made and then cooked.

Im fussy about what i eat too and i don't like microwaved food (i don't even own one!) and i find the sportman really good food.

The Sportsman at Lodge Moor (not to be confused with the pub chain with the same name in Crosspool) does fantastic food, I think as good as you can expect in a pub.

Their meat and potato pie is wonderful and you get loads. Their Sunday carvery puts others to shame. And it's nice to have bottles and jars of sauces so you can actually put a decent amount on your plate (no waitresses hanging around with the sauce tray or you having to tear up thirty little sachets just to get a spit of HP).

They also do smaller portions and lighter meals and if that doesn't float yer boat then the Timothy Taylor Landlord is always in good nick.

The only slight drawback is that they don't take cards (much as I have tried to get Jill to change her mind!).

check out Fulwood Inn, I am there often, its much better than it was before. 2 good meals for less than £8 for both in fact....cant beat it..the fish and chips was spot on!!!!!!

The Plough's food is all freshly cooked. Definitely worth a try. At the moment they only serve food in the evenings (5:30 - 8:30 I think, offhand) during the week, but from March 2nd are planning a lunchtime menu too.

yeah they are doing lunches now too 12 - 2.30 tuesady to saturday also sunday roast every week 12 - 7

and yes i work in the kitchen there :hihi:

There are two sportsmans - one in Crosspool is the ember in, head out towards red mires and you get to the other sportsmans!

Norfolk Arms out ringinglow is good as well!

went to sportsman on redmires rd it was very nice , thank you ;)