Military funeral for Corporal Liam Riley

I went outside with my wife, and little daughter, shes too young to understand, I was lucky enough to come home safe.

Very moving moment

Edited by woggle

RIP Liam Riley, you a hero to our country. You got the send off you truly deserved, my thoughts are with you and your family, who will be so proud of you. The people of Sheffield gathered outside the Cathedral to show their respect & appreciation for you. It was a very emotional send off, you will never be forgotten. Rest in Peace, God Bless You xxx

RIP Liam a true sheffield hero. Thinking of all your family and friends.

It was a emotional for everyone there so I can't imagine what they are going through.

Sheffield did you proud today kiddo.

xxx

Me and my 3 year old daughter were in Beighton village as the cortege came past, we were waiting to pay our respects. Although my daughter is only 3 were are a family with a military background and when she is old enough to understand, we will discuss the importance of paying respect to heros such as Corp Riley.

I hope that the Riley family can find some comfort in knowing that so many people turned out to support them and that there son was a local "legend".

So while Liam Riley and his army colleagues are fighting, and dying, to bring freedom to other parts of the world, you're trying to deny it to Killamarsh shop owners?

How's that work?

What are you on about? i was making the point that all the other shops were closed so why couldn't they make the effort or is that too difficult for you to comprehend.

rip corporal.there was 100s on robin lane and outside the snooker club.unfortunatley the cortege didnt come this way.sheffield is proud of you.

Rest in peace Liam Riley...

Couldnt get today to pay my respects but my thoughts go out to his poor poor family...what they must have gone through and are still going through...he was still a baby...

rest in peace liam killamarsh did you proud x

RIP, fellow.

We have nothing but admiration for you.

The phrase ""lions led by donkeys" springs to mind again, and if not exactly led by them; "managed and deployed by" would seem appropriate.

To the other poster whose brother is serving, sincerely hope he stays safe.

I went to town to pay my respects, so good to see so many people doing the same.

His parents should be so proud, and also of their other son who spoke so movingly about his brother. I don't know how he managed it

R.I.P Liam.

My heart goes out to Liam's family and friends. I cannot imagine what they are going through. They should be very proud of their brave boy.