Zine Fair - Sheffield - Help needed

Hi,

I am an avid zine writer and reader.

I want to organize a zine fair in Sheffield this year but I need some fellow zinesters to help with the organsation and promotion of it. Is there anyone out there interested?

If you are reply to this thread...

Hi Writerdeee,

I must admit I'm a bit puzzled, what sort of activities are you hoping to organise at the fair?

Many years ago I used to run a zine for a Formula 1 Play-By-Mail community which was a lot of hard work but quite fun, however I was under the impression that the zine 'industry' has been largely supplemented by the blogging on internet.

Is there still a niche out there for free zines where the costs are covered by advertising?

Making zines is not hard work at all, zines are coming back and if you look on the web it is a massive thing. Some people I have spoken too hate the idea of e-zines, they love to cut and paste, use interesting paper and textures and write what the hell they like.

Have you ever been to a zine fair?

It is a place where people from around the world come and sell their handmade zines, pin badges and other goodies. It is not about money, it isa bout fun and creativity!

Worth a look!

I would love to come to a fair like this, you should definitely try and arrange one - I go to a book fair in Leeds every year that features a lot of Zine artists and that's great. I'm afraid I only know of two Zine artists that have come to our fairs before, I wish I knew more!

If you want to email/pm me then maybe we could help by sending out a message to our members/mailing list to see if anyone else would be interested.

Thanks

Sarah

hi!

I dont know if you'll get this post as your originall post was a year ago. I am very interested in organising a zine fair later this summer in sheffield! I am already looking into venues and researching any interested zinesters in the sheffield area... as the zine 'scene' isn't very big around here... Let me know if your interested in gettin involved this year. I was wondering how it went last year? I'd like to make this an annual thing and i'd imagine that it will start off slow...anyway... what are your thoughts...?

katie

x

Contact me if you need a venue, our sports club would love to host a fair for you!

Is this happening? I'm sure I saw something on facebook about a zine fair! :D ME WANNA HELPY! :D :D