Ten pin bowling at Intake

Used to go down on the scooter with some other mods on a friday and saturday night round about1967/68. Used to stand about outside admiring the other scooters and some gorgeous girls !!!

Does anyone remember Ten Pin Bowing at Intake??

Yes, spent many a happy hour there in the 60's. I believe it was the first ten pin bowling alley to open in Sheffield closely followed by Firth Park. When did it close? I see from Google Earth that the buildings still there but it's now a snooker/pool club.

When me and my brother were kids we used to go there to watch the grown ups bowl, then we tried it and were hooked!! We were never away from the place although we were never much good we still enjoyed it and it always beat going to the Rex!!!

Does anyone remember Ten Pin Bowing at Intake??

I remeber the place with fondness it used to be called CBC Bowl annd from memory there was 12 lanes.

As you went in the Cafe was on the right and the Juke Box was on the left.

The lanes were directly in front.

Then Firth park opened 24 lanes then Queens Road did one beter I think it was 48 lanes, with the Heartbeat and Silver Blades above.

That is going back to the 60's have we learned anything those days were when Kids had places to go, today there is nothing.

Last time i went for a game of pool, was talking to the manager about when it was a bowling alley and he told me the lanes are still there under the current floor.

So was the bowling alley where Rileys is now?

I knew the co-op used to be the cinema as lots of my neighbours have been in their homes since the 60's but I've never heard the bowling alley mentioned

So was the bowling alley where Rileys is now?

I knew the co-op used to be the cinema as lots of my neighbours have been in their homes since the 60's but I've never heard the bowling alley mentioned

Yes in the same building, think was a Bingo place after bowling before it became Rileys.

I remember the bowling alley we used to go there after a night up town drinking it didn't make it any easier but it was fun. I can't remember when it opened but it was there in 1964.

I remeber the place with fondness it used to be called CBC Bowl annd from memory there was 12 lanes.

As you went in the Cafe was on the right and the Juke Box was on the left.

The lanes were directly in front.

Then Firth park opened 24 lanes then Queens Road did one beter I think it was 48 lanes, with the Heartbeat and Silver Blades above.

That is going back to the 60's have we learned anything those days were when Kids had places to go, today there is nothing.

Remember it well from the 60s

There are still at least 3 Bowling Alleys open in Sheffield

Hollywood Bowl. At Centretainment

Bowling Alley at the Ski Slope

Firth Park Bowl

So there are places for the kids to go

Went there often met some lovely lads one special one who i married 40 tears ago Had some brill nights

Went there often met some lovely lads one special one who i married 40 tears ago Had some brill nights

is that a froydiant slip there lovelylinda:D