Busheywood Road, Dore

Wondering if anyone lives near Busheywood road in Dore? Looking at a place round their for my mum and wondering what the area is like? Is it fairly safe and free of trouble, or anything she should be aware of?

Thanks

J

its cool mate, i lived just off devonshire road for 20 years-best days of my life :D

It's a nice road and good area, the higher up the road towards Dore village the better.

We lived on Chatsworth Road for a few years and it was great, had a really nice feel to the place.

My parents live at the top of Bushey Wood.

It's great, apart from the local chavs slashing their car tyres and knocking the lights off their drive.

The tyre slashing seems to be a recent phase - they did my Mums tyres and succeeded in doing 2 cars on the same drive a few houses down.

I grew up in Dore, but it "ain't all that" these days.

Have you looked at Ranmoor or Fulwood as alternatives?

Yeah we live round there. There are a bunch of regular chavvy type youths that hang around that Tesco Express (but they seem to behave, never seen them doing anything wrong) and we've had the car broken into twice (lived here 3 yrs). I expected better to be honest, but theres trouble everywhere isnt there.

nice area road can be a bit of a rat run cars fly up and down

The houses on the left going up have south facing back gardens which make them a more attractive propostion to me.

You say it's for your mum, be careful she doesn't end up half way up Busheywood Road then can't drive. It's a hell of a slog up to the shops in Dore village and the same if you go to the bottom and have to drag your shopping back up the hill from the Tesco.

My mum moved up to near the village green a few years ago and it's changed her life to be a few hundred yards from the shops and buses. She can drive but I'm not so worried now about when she can't.

Good luck