Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

I'd also like to recommend Jeff Smith. He's just re-hung all my internal doors, fitted new window sills throughout and replaced skirting board to a wall, and I've found him to be punctual, friendly, professional and always willing to give an honest opinion.

Cheers Jeff - it's great to have doors that now fully close! I'll give you a call when we're ready to fit the flooring.

Thanks again,

Simon

hi simon thankyou for the work and tea ta jeff

I would like to recommend Sam Lovatt of Dearne Plumbing & Bathrooms.

I came across some posts written by Sam on the thread “Advice re electric shower” whilst I was was looking for someone to replace my electric shower. I noticed his willingness to offer advice and help. I then looked at his website and read the comments made by his customers which appeared to me to be genuine and sincere.

I contacted him and he arranged to come first to look at the shower and to give me some advice. He arrived on the day and at the time we had arranged. He was very helpful, gave relevant advice and quoted a fair and reasonable price for the work. I felt sure that he was an honest person and I felt confident to trust him regarding the work and the pricing of it. He was also really pleasant, friendly and easy to talk to.

He also very kindly offered advice regarding an unrelated electrical problem which I asked him about whilst he was there because I was very worried about it at the time.

He came back to install the shower and he arrived on the day and at the time that we had agreed. He worked efficiently and also kept the bathroom clean and tidy whilst installing the shower.

I’m very pleased with my shower, the high standard of Sam’s work and the fair and reasonable price. Sam was so helpful and considerate and I also really appreciated that.

I hope this will be helpful to someone out there!

Sam’s contact details:

Sam Lovatt

Dearne Plumbing & Bathrooms + Part P (Elecsa Approved Contractor No.33286)

07909 842 848 - 08000 842 848

Regarding Sam’s website – my post is not being accepted with Sam’s website address but it can be found in his contact details on the Forum.

i have just had a downstairs toilet installed in my house and guess what--I HAVE FOUND THE PERFECT BUILDER

they are a sheffield company----WHITECLIFFES 0114 2557522

eric is the owner who is salt of the earth,visits site every day to view progress and offer suggestions as and when needed but his main claim to fame in my opinion(i spent 30 years in factory maintanence) is that the quality of the tradesmen he employs is something i thought i would never see again

his foreman nigel was the man who did my job and he is a star and pleasant with it---always on time and a clean and tidy worker

i would recommend this company to anyone and a quote from them is a must

Edited by Andy
Corrected phone no - see post below.

Hello matlo.

Many thanks for your glowing recommendation for Whitecliffes.

We are very happy to have undertaken works in your home, and we are thrilled that you found the experience a pleasurable and satisfactory one.

We hope to deal with you again in the future.

The Whitecliffes Team.

(Incorrect telephone number left by matlo. Correct telephone number is actually 0114 2557522).

Edited by whitecliffes
Original poster has left incorrect telephone number.

Another recommendation for Sam Lovatt of Dearne Plumbing.

Called Sam around lunch, luckily he had a slot in his schedule and was able to drop by the same day.

Explained the common causes behind the water hammer I was having, talked me through what he was doing and basically showed me how I could do the job myself in future.

All in all, took about 15mins and the problem looks to be fixed - very impressed!

I would like to recommend MJB Electricals - Matt Burrell for electrical work

He has done work for me on a couple of occasions now and he is ALWAYS:

1 - Competatively priced

2 - On time

3 - Well mannered

4 - Neat and tidy

the same goes for the guys that work for him.

He has also pursuaded me not to have things done or to look at different options which would be cheaper, rather than just taking my money!

His number is

0114 2310122

07795 264415

email buzaburrell@aol.com

Another recommendation for Sam Lovatt, Dearne Plumbing

Sam did a complete bathroom refurbishment for me recently. We had to wait for a gap in his schedule but it was well worth the wait. He started on time and did everything to try to limit the upheaval of having the work done. He is friendly, helpful and hardworking. He listened to what we wanted and found ways of making our ideas work. He just got on with things and did a lovely job. We are really happy with our new bathroom, thanks Sam!

Hiya - I have recently had a new bathroom designed and fitted and would def recommend Rowland Property Services (Andy Rowland).

It was a complete re-design and rebuild, including stripping the whole bathroom right back to the bricks. Andy dealt with all the issues that naturally arise when you are doing work on an old house and didn't make it feel like a problem for us. He's also very considerate about keeping the rest of the house clean and tidy so the whole place wasn't trashed while the work was going on!

The finished bathroom is so lovely it feels like a showroom, and we were very happy with the quality of the work. I know it's hard to find a good builder that you can trust so I thought it was worth posting the recommendation for other forum users...

http://www.rowlandpropertyservices.co.uk

Seconded !!!!!

Andy did the same for me, all his workmanship is top notch, nice know there are tradespeople around who believe if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well.

J B Heating Services sorted out my broken central heating today, quickly and for a fair price too. I therefore recommend them without hesitation (I tried to find the fault without success, Jonathan quickly identified a stuck valve and faulty motor drive - my words not his if this is not quite technically correct!). Thank you! I do not have details, I found him by looking at posts on forum (something like JBBradleyBz).

Weve just moved house this weekend and used VANTASTIC. Very reliable, polite and worked speedily. Many thanks Rick and team, you made the move much less stressful.

I'd add my recommendation for M Michell 07976714383 mmitchellswfc@yahoo.co.uk.

He painted our exterior doors and windows and decorated a room.

He turned up on time and did a really nice job for about ÂŁ800.