Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

would recommend transitvan on here for plastering. excellent prices and did a really good job! call james on 07796153488

ALLIANCE ROOFING did us a complete re roof and they were fantastic - so pleased that used them again to install a velux window :-D

Hi - would really recommend Miles at Treefellas ([email protected], 0114 2815150) - they removed a tree for us last year, in a conservation area and did a really great job, including dealing with the council to sort out all the relevant permissions. Really professional and knowledgeable.

Anybody know a tree surgeon ????

Michael Mitchell Painting and decorating

Michael Mitchell decorators were recommended to me by a friend I was happy with the service from quote to finish.

Michael (The decorator) was always punctual and tidy. He always tidied up after himself and i never had any bother.

The work it's self was of a very high standard. Michael painted in 5 room and papered in 2 and i am very very very happy with the work, my home is transformed.

Michael offered an honest quote and stuck to this price which i was very pleased about.

I would definitely recommend this decorator:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

his details are

0114 2454383

Highly recommended Electrician called John from 'Aztech Electrical Services'.

Recently had a complex lighting problem in my home that another electrician failed to fix, John came out during unsociable hours and assesed the job then fixed it to quality standards and without making a mess or causing disruption to our walls, ceilings or floors.

To add to this he even sorted a problem with my house alarm and this is further testament to him and his skills as I didn't call him out for this initially.

He can be contacted on the number: 0788 1896892

He also has a presence here under username: E-lectrican

I will be using again in the future. Highly recommended, great work and competitive prices.

One of my computers was going slow and not working correctly I phoned John who does mobile repairs upgrades etc he came out took the laptop away brought it back and its working great his prices are good and it cost me twice as much last time when I took it to a computer shop.

I would recommend anyone with computer problems to phone John on 07554344790 or email [email protected]

For the last 8 years plus we have been using a painter and decorator called Mike Mitchell. He does a great job, isn't expensive and doesn't leave any mess. Highly recommended.

Mike Mitchell: 0114 2454383 / 07976 714323

We use a plumber called Chris Crow who first came to our attention when we came back from a weekend break to find no working hot water or heating. Late on a Sunday night at the end of November is not a good time to get a plumber to come out. We trawled through the Yellow Pages (this was a few years ago) calling number after number and eventually came across Chris. He was out within the hour, made a temporary fix and came back the next day to do it properly. Since them we have used him for all of our plumbing needs and he has even fitted a number of complete bathrooms for us (including all of the tiling). He is reliable, does a great job and isn't expensive.

Chris Crow

tel. 0114 2332403 / 07957209996

Hi

Thought I would reccommend Aidan Plastering

Having been let down by another plasterer I phoned this young man - he came round the same day to give me a really good quopte and fitted the work in next day as it was quite urgent., Only a small piece of work but he did a really excellant job. Clean and tidy and very pleasant.

We have just had Whitecliffe Builders undertake a significant cellar conversion and I have to say we have been extremely pleased and satisfied with their work. Having previously had a bad experience with builders some 10 years ago we were extremely apprehensive when considering have any building work done again. That said we reviewed the companies in Sheffield and short listed AB Basements and Whitecliffe Builders. Having considered both companies I decided to choose Whitecliffes (even though they were more expensive) because I felt more comfortable with Eric (the owner). He seemed extremely sympathetic to our previous experience and assured me the job would be done to the highest quality. At this point he introduced us to the team on the job (Martin and his son Dale). The job has taken 7 weeks and I have to say through this period the quality of trades and attitude has been superb. Martin and his son Dale have the best can do attitude I have experienced and nothing was too much trouble. Martin at all times was happy to engage me in decisions in how aspects of the works were to be completed. Andrew(plaster/joiner) standard of work was excellent. The finish on the plastering was particular good. Eric was extremely patient when I requested changes to the brief and priced any additional work on a fair and reasonable basis. All in all I have to say that if anyone is looking for a basement conversion in the Sheffield area they really should consider Whitecliffes. From the owner to the whole team of trades involved the experience was extremely good. My faith in builders has been restored!!!!

I've just started a new business and knew I needed a logo and website design.

I want to recommend a new company in Sheffield called Start up designs (http://www.startup-designs.co.uk/). I.ve been so impressed I wanted to recommend Nick and his team to any others out there who are nervous about setting up, as they have been great and explained everything and have given me a very professional logo and website.

Anyone know a decent "man with a van" - need a couple of computer desks delivered from Staples to my flat on West Street.