Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Hi

Just a leak in the kitchen and its ruined the floor and a few of the units. So am looking to get a quote to have the kitchen taken out the floorboards taken up and new boards installed i will then need the units putting back in place and the floor re tiling. The leak as also damaged the floor in the hall so i will need the boards taking up and replacing in there also.

Can anyone recommend a good company?

Cheers

Hi

Just a leak in the kitchen and its ruined the floor and a few of the units. So am looking to get a quote to have the kitchen taken out the floorboards taken up and new boards installed i will then need the units putting back in place and the floor re tiling. The leak as also damaged the floor in the hall so i will need the boards taking up and replacing in there also.

Can anyone recommend a good company?

Cheers

Andy Hall did our kitchen and flooring last year...i would highly recommend him....his number is 07747 026254.....and he has been recommended on the Forum a number of times.

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion just about to phone them.

Regards Scott

Avoid KRPS (KSR PROPERTY SERVICES)!!!

Kyle had previously done a small plastering job well for me, so i asked for a quote for a bathroom fitting. He was booked in and gave an arrival time ( turned up hour late) said it would take four days. Began the job, kept vanishing for hour or two at a time, i asked on the friday if it was going to time, as to be fair, the tiles uncovered a further two layers of tiles, so there was a little bit more work involved, but he told me it would be completed by the saturday. Saturday came and it was clear it was nothing like done, so he asked to come back sunday, i was working so arranged for someone to be in at three as agreed. He texted me at 15:30 saying he couldn't come so would come monday. I arranged a FURTHER afternoon off work, and he said he'd be there at 13:00. He turned up at 15:30. Was still here at 22:20 when he said he was finished ( he was flying to ibiza the following morning and trying to cram in as many jobs as possible beforehand) i stupidly paid him after a quick glance at bathroom. On inspection i found it to be a mess! There are huge gaps around that bath left unsealed, the extractor fan fuse is hanging off the wall, the taps are loose, he's put the cheapest waste in the basin that he could find, that doesn't fit or match anything, the bath panel wasn't even fitted and just fell off, the pedestal under the basin isn't straight , and he left the boxing in behind the sink/toilet bare plasterboard rather than tiling is as agreed. Said id ran out of tiles when there are boxes left! I contacted him several times and got no response. Then he did call me And arranged to come back on a friday, but didn't come. Then said he'd come on the saturday, again didn't come. Then after a final try, he said he'd come last Thursday - never came. I believe in giving chances but Kyle I'm afraid too the biscuit. I paid him £1100.00 to do a job that he left in such a state that i now need to borrow money to get sorted. Do not use this man!!

Avoid KRPS (KSR PROPERTY SERVICES)!!!

Kyle had previously done a small plastering job well for me, so i asked for a quote for a bathroom fitting. He was booked in and gave an arrival time ( turned up hour late) said it would take four days. Began the job, kept vanishing for hour or two at a time, i asked on the friday if it was going to time, as to be fair, the tiles uncovered a further two layers of tiles, so there was a little bit more work involved, but he told me it would be completed by the saturday. Saturday came and it was clear it was nothing like done, so he asked to come back sunday, i was working so arranged for someone to be in at three as agreed. He texted me at 15:30 saying he couldn't come so would come monday. I arranged a FURTHER afternoon off work, and he said he'd be there at 13:00. He turned up at 15:30. Was still here at 22:20 when he said he was finished ( he was flying to ibiza the following morning and trying to cram in as many jobs as possible beforehand) i stupidly paid him after a quick glance at bathroom. On inspection i found it to be a mess! There are huge gaps around that bath left unsealed, the extractor fan fuse is hanging off the wall, the taps are loose, he's put the cheapest waste in the basin that he could find, that doesn't fit or match anything, the bath panel wasn't even fitted and just fell off, the pedestal under the basin isn't straight , and he left the boxing in behind the sink/toilet bare plasterboard rather than tiling is as agreed. Said id ran out of tiles when there are boxes left! I contacted him several times and got no response. Then he did call me And arranged to come back on a friday, but didn't come. Then said he'd come on the saturday, again didn't come. Then after a final try, he said he'd come last Thursday - never came. I believe in giving chances but Kyle I'm afraid too the biscuit. I paid him £1100.00 to do a job that he left in such a state that i now need to borrow money to get sorted. Do not use this man!!

I take no pleasure in reading things like this. There are a few points here that other forumers should bare in mind when choosing a tradesman to complete a job.

Just because someone does a good job at one skill level (PLASTERING) does not guarantee a skill level at other trades.

Personally, I think 4 days to complete such a job is way under estimating. I normally book in 2 weeks. £1100 is also way too cheap. These are not things that can be blamed on the OP, after all how does she know how long it takes and how much it costs.

The timekeeping and lack of communication is a classic pointer towards what is to come i'm afraid.

Checking completion and standards is key, this is not a told you so, as I'm sure you are pretty hacked off with it all. I always show my customers around the completed bathroom and point out any snags myself.

I fear this post will be removed as it may contravene forum rules. I feel it is important that other forumers are made aware of situations like these.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

There is a massive difference between a SKIMMER and a PLASTERER.

I quite agree I should not have paid until happy, however it was very late in the evening when he finished. Again, for that I accept some responsibility, but I did give him at least THREE chances to come to put it rightafter he returned from his holiday before I chose to raise this publicly which isnt something I would do lightly. After all, we all need to make a living.

I just wanted to pre warn others so it doesnt happen to someone else.

I take no pleasure in reading things like this. There are a few points here that other forumers should bare in mind when choosing a tradesman to complete a job.

Just because someone does a good job at one skill level (PLASTERING) does not guarantee a skill level at other trades.

Personally, I think 4 days to complete such a job is way under estimating. I normally book in 2 weeks. £1100 is also way too cheap. These are not things that can be blamed on the OP, after all how does she know how long it takes and how much it costs.

The timekeeping and lack of communication is a classic pointer towards what is to come i'm afraid.

Checking completion and standards is key, this is not a told you so, as I'm sure you are pretty hacked off with it all. I always show my customers around the completed bathroom and point out any snags myself.

I fear this post will be removed as it may contravene forum rules. I feel it is important that other forumers are made aware of situations like these.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

Yet another recommendation for Jeff the joiner and MJ Viney. Bought a house with some very unloved sash windows, and they did a great job refurbing and putting in double glazed inserts, working through torrential rain on the day. Will definitely be talking to them again when we do our planned bathroom and loft conversions!

Clare

Hi

Im looking to have bathroom floor tiled but want to use a tradesman that comes recommended from someone that has had work done by them and are pleased with it.

It needs to be done pretty soon so probably not someone who is too booked up

Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a food plumber for fitting a shower cubicle