Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

we just had some floating shelves put in our front room by Jeff (the Joiner) Smith, 07861 379796. 8 solid shelves in the alcoves, well finished and a damn good price. jeff's a legend; such a nice bloke. we just left him our keys and came, did the work, tidied up and left us happy. cheers jeff!

picture here.

I'd like to recommend Rich at R.S building services 07832987357

Just had major wall and steps rebuilt on the front of my house and I found him very professional and a clean tidy workman. Communicated very well what he was doing and made some great suggestions. Thanks Rich.

just to say a thank you to john collins furniture restorer, he has just repaired a deep scratchin a table for me and he has made a really good job,its nice to have a good job done by a local craftsman i can highly reccomend him,just look up cabinetmakercollins for a look at his work .

we just had some floating shelves put in our front room by Jeff (the Joiner) Smith, 07861 379796. 8 solid shelves in the alcoves, well finished and a damn good price. jeff's a legend; such a nice bloke. we just left him our keys and came, did the work, tidied up and left us happy. cheers jeff!

picture here.

hi thankyou matt and vic it was a pleasure to work for you ta jeff

I can highly recommend Chris @ MAC plastering. Chris did a great job and was very reasonably priced. He arrived promptly everyday and was very clean and tidy. He did a fantastic job and I wouldn't hesitate to contact Chris again if we needed another job completing.

Thanks Jay & Pete.

Good luck with the house & wedding, pleasure working for you both.

Many thanks, Chris @ MAC Plastering

I recently had a new kitchen & flooring installed in my house (Hillsborough area) as part of a re-plastering/full rewire/new gch project. The contractor I used was Whitecliffes Property Renovations. Eric at Whitecliffes suggested outside plumbers, electricians & decorators to do each type of work; I was daunted at the thought of dealing with so many separate contractors, but Eric effectively project-managed everyone so it was easy for me. He even agreed to do some small follow-up jobs for me *for free* a good month after the main work was complete (I had expect to have to pay for these!). The kitchen looks great now compared to the 70's/80's one that was taken out and I can thoroughly reccommend them as contractors.

---------- Post added 14-09-2013 at 11:29 ----------

The other contractors involved were; Electricans - "Chris Lockwood Electrical" working with "TW Electrical"; Plumbers - "Philip Crooks Heating" working with "HPG Services"; Decorator - J Madourie. Kitchen supplied by Howdens on Clay Wheels Lane.

I am looking for recommendations for where to get my alloys refurbished at a good price for a good job.

A big thankyou to Andy joiner for designing and fitting some wardrobes for a spare bedroom. They look fantastic, so many thanks. Highly recommended.

You usually get the best prices if you remove the tyres and valves and sand down any curb marks yourself - then take it to a powdercoating place to have it blasted and coated.

If you want to just drop off the wheels as is and have someone sort it it's usually abit more expensive as there's more work involved.

I've used StarWeld on Harleston Street (off Carlisle Road). Same day work at a good price. You do need to get your tyres removed first though.

Same day??

Is the paint even dry by then?

The refurbishment I had done didn't require a repaint just some war wounds caused by Sheffields roads! AFAIK Starweld don't do repaints. Sorry.