Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Thanks for the advice, I really had no idea where to start.

I do like the Georgian look, and maybe there are some alternatives that I haven't considered. I suppose I didn't want to waste anyone's time by asking for a quote and then not taking it up because it was far more than I expected, but in reality that's what I'll have to do.

http://www.theexternaldoorcompany.co.uk/

I had a front door installed about 6 months ago by this company. Cost about £800 I think.

Seems to be good quality, they fitted it well, quickly and cleanly and took the old door away.

Mac plastering just finishing off a large scale rendering job, good attention from start to finish, made a few trips across Sheffield to check with us to make sure everything was right, even made up some samples. He's finishing tomorrow and can recommend he's worth getting in for a quote if you have a large scale rendering job.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Antony Hall (call 07772 279961 or PM user antonyhall25) for the full re-plastering work he has just done on our downstairs bathroom. There were lots of tricky edges and awkward corners to take care of and he has done a great job.

Decent price, no hassle and no mess. He is a friendly chap and worth remembering if you need any plastering work doing.

I'm looking for a builder to quote for some work on a property I'm in the process of buying. A few issues were raised in the building survey including damp under the kitchen floor, wet rot in basement joists, defective render finishes and issues with of sub floor ventilation.

Can anyone recommend a suitable builder who can quote for the work?

Thanks.

Thanks to Lee, the S6 handyman, great job fixing my stair rail today. Good service and a lovely man.

Thanks George for feedback,,,S6

I have a driveway that is 2 strips of concrete with a strip of earth between and a strip of earth at one side, about 2 foot by 12 foot each. Am looking for recommendations for someone to concrete the two strips and maybe a path.

Jonathan from Jf Plumbing has fitted an outside tap for me. Clean and efficient, I came home and it was done!

The plasterer who I usually use refuses to do rendering hence I had to do it myself..

Now looking at it closely in the sunshine... I think I didn't do a good job kinda.... Can anyone help...

I am based in central Sheffield... Two minutes walk from Sheffield train station...

Need a gas cooker plumbing in . Any idea of a good plumber