Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Check out DH plumbing and heating :) He fitted a boiler for my sister he did an excellent job!

We had Dan round for some quotes the other week, and he basically told us not to waste our money. The only thing he thought worth doing was capping the chimney - and even then explained what to do and let me have the part at a reasonable price. So basically I've not had any work done by him (yet) but I know he is not a rip-off merchant, therefore he is on my list of go-to tradesmen for the future.

I'm not allowed to post web links yet (just signed up) but if you go to www dot sheffield-property-maintenance dot com you will find his site.

I am happy to recommend Jeff Smith, who has done another excellent job for us.

He has replaced our banister with an oak one, part of the job involved getting some of the wood turned. Jeff takes responsibity for measuring up the work and for organising the materials to site. He is excellent in managing the job, giving a specified length of time for the work to be completed and sticking to it! Excellent job:)

Richard, Ranmoor Sheffield

jsmith2009

Jeff the Joiner 07861379796 or 01142203563 full refurbs/ loft conversions/ Doors/floors/ balustrades/ kitchens/ windows/ restoration to wooden windows/plastic windows all general joinery .free quotes given

thankyou for the work richard and julie ta jeff

Can any recommend a good roofer I have a concrete block built shed/garage that I need re-roofing ASAP.

Thanks.

Edited by Lol 07

We had Dan round for some quotes the other week, and he basically told us not to waste our money. The only thing he thought worth doing was capping the chimney - and even then explained what to do and let me have the part at a reasonable price. So basically I've not had any work done by him (yet) but I know he is not a rip-off merchant, therefore he is on my list of go-to tradesmen for the future.

I'm not allowed to post web links yet (just signed up) but if you go to www dot sheffield-property-maintenance dot com you will find his site.

Many thanks for the post.

Dan

Can any recommend a good roofer I have a concrete block built shed/garage that I need re-roofer ASAP.

Thanks.

dan campbell is a good roofer ta jeff

I am looking for a independent , competitive rates joiner to do some work for me around the South Yorkshire area....

I am based in central Sheffield area...

Pls leave contact details ...

We had some tanking and plastering work done in our basement flat last month and Mark Gallier, the plasterer, was fantastic. He worked incredibly hard, explained all the work he was doing, and did the job to such a high standard. We wholeheartedly recommend him as a reliable, diligent, honest, fair, and very competent tradesperson and plasterer. His mobile is 07762096559 and email mark_gallier@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks, Camila (Fir Street in Walkley)

Just had a small job done on my car by Mondos Motor Care on Wincobank Avenue and was really impressed.

Great service (even gave me a lift to my mums and picked me back up when it was done!),

more than happy with the price, and theyre just really nice people.

Will definitely use again, and would recommend to anybody :)

Edited by nikki-red
typo

I just wanted to add a recommendation for a thoroughly nice chap whose number I got from the site a few weeks ago.

My garden/patio was in need of a clean as it was an overgrown mess...I called Stephen (Ste Clean), who came round the following week and did a superb job of cleaning it all up...it looks fab.

Stephen is reliable and the extremely reasonable price quoted was the price paid.

Very impressed and highly recommended.

Many thanks Stephen.

Ste Clean (Industrial jet washing services) 07411731690.

I'm considering getting brand new windows in my house and a front door. I've currently got uPVC but I think that of getting something a bit better looking (and better fitted).

Similarly, I'm after a new front door as uPVC just doesn't look great in my opinion.

How much do you think I should be budgeting for 5 large windows, 2 small windows and a front door...fitted of course? I'm rubbish with this sort of thing.

The biggest part of the price will be deciding what material you want the windows made from ie wood, aluminium or uPVC. Similarly a composite door is roughly 50-100% more than a uPVC. Even then, quotes can vary wildly and prices can be vary depending on the style, locks, number or openers etc. You can pay as little as £150 for a small uPVC window fitted. I paid £200-300 each for a couple of large(ish) 1x1.5m windows with single openers but then quite a lot more for a wider Georgian bar with 3 openers (all PVC)

Best idea is to get some quotes from people who make windows you'd be interested in, like this: http://www.sheffield-window-centre.co.uk/ Personally I would recommend Sheffield Windows for their product quality but use KB windows as their quotes are usually cheaper.

http://www.kbwindowssheffield.co.uk/

As a complete guess from someone who isn't a window fitter, but has recently paid for several new windows and doors, I would be budgeting in the region of £5k+ and possibly quite a lot more depending on how large/intricate your windows are.