Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Can anyone recommend a food plumber for fitting a shower cubicle

NO never heard of one.:suspect: but know quite a few who never refuse a cup of tea and a bun

Edited by Millie May

Yet another recommendation for Jeff the joiner and MJ Viney. Bought a house with some very unloved sash windows, and they did a great job refurbing and putting in double glazed inserts, working through torrential rain on the day. Will definitely be talking to them again when we do our planned bathroom and loft conversions!

Clare

hi clare thankyou very much . its was a pleasure to work on your sash windows , thanks again ta jeff

Im looking to replace my mum's patio, its getting very uneven.

Don't really know which one's best, repair or replace with flags. blocks or patterned concrete.

Can anyone recommend an affordable competent person that I could discuss this with and pay to do it please.

Im looking to replace my mum's patio, its getting very uneven.

Don't really know which one's best, repair or replace with flags. blocks or patterned concrete.

Can anyone recommend an affordable competent person that I could discuss this with and pay to do it please.

Have you thought about using decking?

Dead easy to do, looks better (IMO), and probably quite a bit cheaper. :)

Have you thought about using decking?

Dead easy to do, looks better (IMO), and probably quite a bit cheaper. :)

Yes thanks, we have considered decking but when wet we think it is much less safe than the other options.

Looking for some recommendation for somebody to remove our old patio and decking and replace with a new Indian stone one, there's roughly 55 sq mtrs of paving along with digging out for the hardcore base.

Hi,

Just wanted to give a recommendation on behalf of Roger Lemons who fixed and cleaned my guttering recently.

He came when he said he would to give me a price and then did the job the next day. Very happy with what he's done; it's not leaking anymore :) He's now going to do a bit of re-pointing for me.

Very happy with Roger. He's no nonsense, gets on with things and does a good job. I'll be looking to use him for other aspects of house maintenance.

Thanks,

S

In our house some of the light switches and electric sockets are not recessed into the wall but stand proud of it, and the plastic boxes are now a bit loose so that when you turn the switch on the whole box moves a bit. What holds these sorts of switches/sockets to the wall and do I need an electrician to refix them or can I do it myself? And am I likely to find any electrician to take on so small a job? Anybody had anything similar done?

In our house some of the light switches and electric sockets are not recessed into the wall but stand proud of it, and the plastic boxes are now a bit loose so that when you turn the switch on the whole box moves a bit. What holds these sorts of switches/sockets to the wall and do I need an electrician to refix them or can I do it myself? And am I likely to find any electrician to take on so small a job? Anybody had anything similar done?

Yes if you consider it a small job get on with it./ Why pay some one else for such a trivial job. Dont forget to turn the electric off. :hihi::hihi:

A quick thank you to mike at METGAS for coming to sort a leak dripping in to our dining room. top quality as usual, thanks mike!

I am still looking for a window cleaner who covers S6 1JG area. There is a van parked at the bottom of our road with Daz Window Cleaning on the side, I've tried to call the number however it wouldn't connect. We've tried several other people but we can't get anyone to come round. Please can someone help?

A quick thank you to mike at METGAS for coming to sort a leak dripping in to our dining room. top quality as usual, thanks mike!

No worries,

Thanks for the feed back

Mike