Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Hi, Has anyone had any work done by Brookbank Joinery Sheffield? Can't find any postings and would appreciate any comments if possible. Thanks

Hi I have found it to be a bit of a minefield with not many tradesmen offering these services, and when they do charging an incredible amount compared to the amount of days work it would take.

I ended up paying someone £30 a square metre to put tanking membrane around my ground floor to provide a barrier against rising damp. In retrospect anyone with basic DIY could have completed it, as it literally involved attaching the membrane to the wall with plastic rawlplugs.

With the wood treatment I was getting quotes varying between £1000-£1500, so I did it myself instead. I couldn't buy as strong treatment, won't get a guarantee, and it is a pain to get the floorboards up (you will need a circular saw), but I did it over a weekend and a couple of evenings and it cost me just over a £100 for a pump and the treatment.

The last bit I am struggling with is my concrete kitcken floor. I can't afford to dig down, so I need to find a material that I can put down before the tiles to stop damp rising from the floor.

Hi. I just would like to recommend a local builder called mac from shirecliffe who did a grand job taking a wall out and installing a rsj. Im gonna use him to to install a woodburner. His number is 07976901492

I think my dad (builder with 40 years experience) uses them.

What are you wanting made?

Personally I use Linthorpe Joinery based just off Bramhall Lane.

Mod Note

content removed.

for quotes, please place an advert n the Classifieds section under "jobs", as advertising is not permitted in this section

thanks

Edited by Plain Talker

Fitzmv aka Danny man and a van are quality they have done a house removal today for my mum no complaints done the job with a decant price great set of lads HIGHLY recommended nothing but praise for them

We want to get the outside of our house painted (front, back, window sills, bay window and front wall. It's a standard Hillsborough 3 bed (mid) terrace.

Any recommendations, and also any ballpark estimates of price?

We want to get the outside of our house painted (front, back, window sills, bay window and front wall. It's a standard Hillsborough 3 bed (mid) terrace.

I have sent you a PM

P&d very good at what they do

Morning, I am looking to get a worktop fitted this coming Saturday, I would do it myself but do know have the knowledge nor tools to join the worktops. Can anybody suggest somebody that would be able to do this job? We are looking for it to be mitre jointed.

Hi

Could someone please recommend a builder who would be able to put a new steel in to support a raised extension on the side of the house (to replace a rotten wood support). I have got a structural engineer to do the calc and installation procedure, but need a builder who knows what they are doing and have all of the necessary supports.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/icjegtqhobtkplu/wbSVNirtl3

Also I need a builder to take out a flagstone and channel a small join for my new waste pipe to the underground waste (If this makes sense)

Thanks

Adam

Edited by adamwillan

Hi

Could someone please recommend a builder who would be able to put a new steel in to support a raised extension on the side of the house (to replace a rotten wood support). I have got a structural engineer to do the calc and installation procedure, but need a builder who knows what they are doing and have all of the necessary supports.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/icjegtqhobtkplu/wbSVNirtl3

Also I need a builder to take out a flagstone and channel a small join for my new waste pipe to the underground waste (If this makes sense)

Thanks

Adam

My Dads Local to you 07968089354 Sean, Good builder plenty of references