Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Mod note

As there is a megathread already well advertised on here, for recommended tradesmen,

Threads merged

Please be aware any electrics in a bathroom need to be covered by a part P installer.

For electrical work I can recommend Sparky Sam (Sam Roberts Electrical Services, Chapeltown) .... quick response, does what he says he will, turns up at agreed time, gets the job done all at a fair price - what more could you ask for really?

Any recommendations for a landscape gardener please ! Must be a tidy worker .

We would highly recommend Hernes Oak Landscapes - http://www.HernesOakLandscapes

Polite, helpful, very tidy, and excellent work.

Committee - Chapeltown Community Centre

Don4001 at Target Plumbing and Heating

Tel 0114 2437264 / 07711638196

We have just had Don round to our house to replace a mixer tap in the kitchen and two sets of taps in the bathroom.

The job turned out to be quite tricky and took far longer than expected but nothing was too much trouble - we would highly recommend him.

Thanks for the recommendation Jane.

Its very much appreciated.

Happy to help.

Don@Target Plumbing & Heating

Hi buzz your inbox is full. Need a quote to fit ceiling light. Thanks abeer

Just wanted to put in a plug (excuse the pun) for forummer Mabsta, 1st Fix Plumbing, who did a good bit of leak fixing for us last week. Thanks for helping us out.

Thank you OLIVE,

It's always nice to have feedback!

Look forward to working for you again!

Regards steven

Oakbrook Chimney Services

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Oakbrook Chimney Services for a first rate job and getting me out of a pickle after a job from another tradesman left me in the lurch! :thumbsup: Lewis and this team were always very polite, punctual, helpful and some of the tidiest workmen I’ve ever known! Always taking off their shoes, mixing up outside to minimise the dust and always swept up after each day.

We had damp issues with an old, decrepit open coal fireplace, and, to be frank, my old bones were getting very tired of all the maintenance it entailed. I’d had enough of the fire and wanted it gone. I called Oakbrook Chimneys to see what could be done about the damp in the chimney and if they knew anyone who could remove the fireplace. Lewis popped round a few days later and swept the chimney for me so I could use it one last time at Christmas. He gave me a full assessment of the chimney, the stack and what removal would entail. He said that he and his team could carry out all the works and it would be completed in a matter of days – I was thrilled! After the festive season Lewis and his team came back; the fireplace was removed, an air brick was installed where the old fireplace once stood to allow the chimney to still breathe, and a new chimney pot and cowl was installed on the roof so no more rain could fall down the chimney. All the damaged and wet plaster was removed, and, although he said he would ‘make good’ the plaster around where the old fireplace had come out, I was thrilled to walk into my siting room with a cup of tea for him, to find that he hadn’t just patched round the fireplace, but he’d skimmed the whole wall! It was a beautiful job, finished off with a piece of custom made skirting that exactly matched the old so you’d never even have known what once stood there.

A few weeks later, I had a bit of a catastrophe; I was having new windows installed and although the windows were great, all the interior plaster fell off around them! Oh no! The window fitters couldn’t plaster and the decorator was coming in two weeks! A quick (pleading) call to Lewis and all was ok again; he put himself out and squeezed me in for some emergency plastering.

I can’t thank Lewis and his team enough and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Thanks, Mrs N, in the 1930 house

Oakbrook Chimney Services

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Oakbrook Chimney Services for a first rate job and getting me out of a pickle after a job from another tradesman left me in the lurch! :thumbsup: Lewis and this team were always very polite, punctual, helpful and some of the tidiest workmen I’ve ever known! Always taking off their shoes, mixing up outside to minimise the dust and always swept up after each day.

We had damp issues with an old, decrepit open coal fireplace, and, to be frank, my old bones were getting very tired of all the maintenance it entailed. I’d had enough of the fire and wanted it gone. I called Oakbrook Chimneys to see what could be done about the damp in the chimney and if they knew anyone who could remove the fireplace. Lewis popped round a few days later and swept the chimney for me so I could use it one last time at Christmas. He gave me a full assessment of the chimney, the stack and what removal would entail. He said that he and his team could carry out all the works and it would be completed in a matter of days – I was thrilled! After the festive season Lewis and his team came back; the fireplace was removed, an air brick was installed where the old fireplace once stood to allow the chimney to still breathe, and a new chimney pot and cowl was installed on the roof so no more rain could fall down the chimney. All the damaged and wet plaster was removed, and, although he said he would ‘make good’ the plaster around where the old fireplace had come out, I was thrilled to walk into my siting room with a cup of tea for him, to find that he hadn’t just patched round the fireplace, but he’d skimmed the whole wall! It was a beautiful job, finished off with a piece of custom made skirting that exactly matched the old so you’d never even have known what once stood there.

A few weeks later, I had a bit of a catastrophe; I was having new windows installed and although the windows were great, all the interior plaster fell off around them! Oh no! The window fitters couldn’t plaster and the decorator was coming in two weeks! A quick (pleading) call to Lewis and all was ok again; he put himself out and squeezed me in for some emergency plastering.

I can’t thank Lewis and his team enough and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Thanks, Mrs N, in the 1930 house

I've had Oakbrook out to sweep my chimney each year and they've always been excellent.

Hi, can anyone recommend a builder to come do some work at my house. We have some damp on upper wall and ceiling on outer wall of bedroom plus some mould on this wall near the bottom. Need someone to come and figure out why this is the case and fix it. Also need this room skimming/ re-plastering.