Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Hi,

Has anbody recently used a resonably priced Structual Engineer. Just been quoted £300 +vat for a specific problem report. Looking to see if i can get it any cheaper??

Eastwood and partners 01142554554 EXCELLENT ask for Mr P RICHARSON

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 17:30 ----------

Eastwood and partners 01142554554 excellent ask for MR P RICHARDSON

Edited by sydneyoss
WRONG SPELLING

Sheffield Window Centre, for window repairs (replacing two double-glazing sealed units, and fixing the hinges in another window which had broken). Punctual (both for the initial assessment visit, and for the repair visit), efficient, friendly, got the job done well and didn't cost the earth.

I would be very happy to offer advice for:

Structural Design

Structural Reports

Planning Applications

Building Regulations

Architectural drawings

My contact details are:

Chris Maw C Eng MICE

Sharplink Designs Ltd

Tel: 0114 2304941 or email sharplink@talktalk.net.

Regards

Chris

Edited by Sharplink

Hi

We moved last week and used Avante Removals. I am happy to reccommend as they were great. Three guys turned up and did a great job.

Need a plumber to sort a few small ish problems- toilet that constantly fills up, small leak from stop tap, dripping sink tap. Made a couple of calls but either people don't get back or don't seem interested in small jobs! Could also do with a couple of door frames replacing.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Sorry posted in wrong area!

Edited by sarah99

Hi

Looking for recommendations for landscapers / fencers to:

• Replace our old traditional fence with new concrete foundations, gravel boards (plain not brick effect) and sturdy timber fencing – at least 6 foot high (preferably higher)
  • The old fence is made up of approximately 20x 6ft wide panels which is bedded on soil and held up by wooden posts and metal spikes
  • Level out the land next to the fence (may need mini digger)
  • Remove tree stumps
  • Turf the land up to the fence and extend the lawn into the garden boarder (making the boarder smaller and more manageable)

Thanks

Just had jlc bathroom do some plastering for me

Edited by dave210274

Just want to recommend a great joiner/carpenter - Jeff Smith. Since buying our first house in July he has been round loads of times and done us a variety of jobs. He gives free, honest advice, and is happy to come out at all times - he's just been round tonight (free of charge, half an hour before the footie started, after working all day on a different job!) to check something we'd noticed about the kitchen floorboards and really put our mind at ease.

He has done loads of repairs to various parts of the house, hung our doors, and given us advice on lots of other stuff (such as sanding the floorboards). He also has a lot of other contacts who have done us work - tiling, plastering, painting. All this and a lovely bloke too, and reasonable. We're definitely asking him back next time we've got any jobs that need doing.

His number is 07861379796.

His Sheffield Forum username is jsmith2009

hi folks thankyou very much ta jeff

Hi could anyone recommend me someone to build and fit out an ensuite for me please?

I would like to recommend Rudplast, who came today and boarded and plastered a bedroom ceiling. He turned up bang on time, tidied up after himself and has done a fantastic job (much better than I could have hoped for considering the state that the ceiling was in!) His charges were more than reasonable too.

If I have any more plastering I wouldnt hesitate in calling Andy back. His contact details are here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/member.php?u=111704

Thanks Andy for a brillant job!

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 20:00 ----------

Andy (user name Rudplast) has done at short notice a bedroom ceiling for me today. I must say that he has done a fantastic job, so if you are still looking for some one give Andy a call. http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/member.php?u=111704

Thought I would add that Andy has just finished plastering another bedroom ceiling and repaired and skimmed a wall for me. Yet again the finish is superb, as smooth as glass and again charged a very reasonable price.

Thanks Andy, it's such a relief to know such a reliable and skilled tradesman.

And thanks to Sheffield forum too, without it we would struggle to get jobs like these done.