Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Hello, seeking recommendations for a new up and over garage door and installation. Mine keeps popping off the railings and driving me bananas!

I'm after cheap but effective.

Have you thought about getting it repaired?

I've just had mine repaired by Able Garage doors, it needed new rollers and a couple of rivets. The cost was around £60. Like you I put up with a "clunky" door for over 15 years before. They've got a website. Hope this helps.

Have you thought about getting it repaired?

I've just had mine repaired by Able Garage doors, it needed new rollers and a couple of rivets. The cost was around £60. Like you I put up with a "clunky" door for over 15 years before. They've got a website. Hope this helps.

I will give them a bell. Thanks for the tip!

Having been let down by a plumber who had quoted for a bathroom conversion and then failed to answer any calls ,I turned to the forum for recommendations.

Sam Lovatt gets a few mentions so I contacted him.

He turned up as promised,quoted a fair price promptlyand started and finished the job on time.

His advice was good and we are delighted with the finish.

Thanks Sam and sorry about the wear and tear on your diamond drill bits when fixing through the tiles.

Joiner Andy just fitted me a couple of doors, great price, quick fitting and there wasn't a spot of dust after they finished- highly reccomended :)

Able Garage Doors have repaired my knackered garage door! Quick and efficient and a nice price. It's saved me a big payout on a new one for a couple of years. It's flipping windy out there and I hear no banging, job's a good un! Thanks!

Joiner Jeff (jsmith2009) and Shaun did a great job on our kitchen and bathroom along with Adam the Electrician.

Bamford Roofing did a lovely job for us too and Lee (Leepy) did a great job taming the garden.

Finally Rocky1 sorted out the blocked drain!

All highly recommended tradesmen. :wave:

Joiner Jeff (jsmith2009) and Shaun did a great job on our kitchen and bathroom along with Adam the Electrician.

Bamford Roofing did a lovely job for us too and Lee (Leepy) did a great job taming the garden.

Thanks Helen for the feedback,see us soon,lee

Can anyone recommend a roofer please for replacement of an entire pitched roof . S35 area.

hi thank you helen and mark , it was lovely to work for you again good luck with move to mancheter ta jeff

Could anyone please recommend a good roofer...we've got a sieve for a roof!

Just want to recommend a great joiner/carpenter - Jeff Smith. Since buying our first house in July he has been round loads of times and done us a variety of jobs. He gives free, honest advice, and is happy to come out at all times - he's just been round tonight (free of charge, half an hour before the footie started, after working all day on a different job!) to check something we'd noticed about the kitchen floorboards and really put our mind at ease.

He has done loads of repairs to various parts of the house, hung our doors, and given us advice on lots of other stuff (such as sanding the floorboards). He also has a lot of other contacts who have done us work - tiling, plastering, painting. All this and a lovely bloke too, and reasonable. We're definitely asking him back next time we've got any jobs that need doing.

His number is 07861379796.

His Sheffield Forum username is jsmith2009

Would also like to recommend Andy. On short notice he skimmed a room for me and patched up various issues. Very professional, efficient and reasonable charges. Excellent finish to the room and minimal mess.

I would like to recommend Rudplast, who came today and boarded and plastered a bedroom ceiling. He turned up bang on time, tidied up after himself and has done a fantastic job (much better than I could have hoped for considering the state that the ceiling was in!) His charges were more than reasonable too.

If I have any more plastering I wouldnt hesitate in calling Andy back. His contact details are here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/member.php?u=111704

Thanks Andy for a brillant job!

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 20:00 ----------

Andy (user name Rudplast) has done at short notice a bedroom ceiling for me today. I must say that he has done a fantastic job, so if you are still looking for some one give Andy a call. http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/member.php?u=111704