Recommended businesses and tradesmen part2 NO ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

This is thread which people can add to naming those businesses or tradesmen which they would recommend to other forummers.

Warning to businesses and tradesmen - this is not for self advertising and any obvious spurious recommendations will get trimmed.

Plus, please don't use this for the opposite, viz. condemning named businesses and tradesmen.

The original thread can be found here: Part 1

Please keep this thread just for posting recommendations. If you want to advertise for a tradesman, please post in the Vacancies section. If you want advice about building work etc, please ask for this in the property section.

Edited by Andy
Updating the information

hi just use this plaster on a job of mine due to other plaster on holiday , he was on time and tidy and finish was great here his details 01142509965 or 07940257263 for Robert ta jeff

Carl Jackson of Nucad Properties did a brilliant job of replacing the bath sealant round my bath.

Edited by margarete

http://www.garyunwinjoinery.co.uk

I just had gary do me some work , he was excellent workmanship also very competetive price to other quotes i had , his contact details are on his website just tell him martin the plasterer put you on to him .

I would like to recommend sbs building services.

He's done work for me over the last few year's.

Ask for gary on 07533144116.

Dk electrical 07929272658

We've just used Avante Removals to move within Sheffield who were fantastic for the following reasons:

1. Cheapest fixed rate quote we had (also offered by the hour service)

2. Everything very clearly explained - what was included and what wasn't/could be hired etc

3. Anything we asked for prior to the move provided for quickly with no fuss

4. Really friendly service, Thomas was really helpful and gave us several tips for a smoother move

5. Really jolly and hard-working, hardly stopped all day, more than willing to help in any way we asked, even to advising me how to disconnect our cooker when I didn't have a clue!

6. Great care taken of all our belongings, no problems with anything at all

All in all an excellent service, very grateful to Thomas & all concerned.

0800 043 2810 / 0114 288 8314

avanteremovals.co.uk

We just had a fair bit of general building work done on our house by Whitecliffes. Damp proofing, new windows, plastering, spot of joinery... I just wanted to say that everything was excellent from start to finish. Couldn't be happier. Good price, great work, super quality. And Eric, head of the firm, is the real deal. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend. As far as I know they also do kitchens, cellar conversions, total refits, the lot. Website is here: http://www.whitecliffebuilders.com/ PS Tel nos: 0114 255 7522/07860 602 200

Edited by Manuela_X

Hi i have been doing lots of work in my house and i have used.

G BUILDING SERVICES.

He did all my plastering and did my bathroom suit. im really happy with the work that was done. and think i will always use them.

the builders name is steven you can call him on 07772445783.

He offers free quotations and is very friendly.

Just followed 2 lads of here on a job , they have fitted a new kitchen in the house i was workin on , L & L Kitchen and bedroom ltd , EXCELLENT JOB i was well impressed with the supply and fit quality they had done , so if anyone is lookin for new kitchen or bedroom fitting call . Lee 07834954054 .

Just had a great Plumber out called Ray Thackeray. Mended the boiler, a radiator and changed a waste pipe on a sink all for £55.00. Couldn't recommend him more highly. Tel.01142669533

Plumbing: After reading recommendations for G&D plumbers on here, I called them for a small emergency job in February. They came over the same morning, did the work, put up with my bad mood (I was poorly in a way that isn't ideal when your water is turned off) with good humour, and charged a very reasonable amount. I would use them again in an instant.

Removals: We used Greens in February. They were great, best hourly rate, very hard working, very patient, I used them on recommendation from a friend, and we have used them at work.

I need a one-off cleaner to clean our very mucky old house and leave it sparkly and tempting to buyers. Ideally they would bring their own cleaning stuff. Recommendations, please!

I need a one-off cleaner to clean our very mucky old house and leave it sparkly and tempting to buyers. Ideally they would bring their own cleaning stuff. Recommendations, please!

I can highly recommend Zereena on 07833226729, excellent service and excellent rates.