Sign in to follow this  

Gordan Strachan @ Celtic

After losing 5-0 to whoever it was do you think Celtic where right to appoint the wee ginger man? Or do you think some of their fans are just over reacting and they will turn it round in the home leg?

I think that Gordon Strachan is an absolute legend!! I absolutely adore him - he's so funny: did you see the clip where he introduced his new japanese player? language barrier so when the press asked the player to look @ wee Gordie, he did not understand so Gordie tapped him on the shoulder and started pulling faces at him! Genius!!

And as a Rangers fan I hope his *ahem* success with Celtic continues long into the future :hihi: :hihi:

Seriously though, I think it was a bit of a wake up call for them losing 5-0 to Bratislava (had to get that in somewhere!!). Unfortunately I also think they'll turn it around on the return leg at Celtic Park - If not Strachan may make history as the shortest-lived top-flight manager!

Gordon Strachan...the new John Barnes?

I think he will do well long term and is a good manager... but as with any club youi have to give a new manager time to settle in, get the team playing how they want, introduce their ideas, get new players etc etc.

As for the 5-0 loss, I can't really see Celtic coming back from that (think it's a bit too much to ask, even at home) although I think they'll win the second leg.

he's soooo much better than that result suggests and they'll do just fine. Look they've already got a 4-4 draw against motherwell, they just can't stop winning! :D

13 goals in 2 matches?

You can't accuse them of being boring!

As I said elsewhere on this board. I think he is out of his depth. He has never managed a big club.

He is the type of manager who saves teams from relegation, not wins trophies.

If they lose to Rangers at the end of the month then I don't think it will be long before he is out.

I think more bad results coming up to the second leg and a poor one in that and I don't think the Celtic board will stand more . They won't want Rangers to get too far ahead too early. Sorry to say it could be Bye Bye for Gordan.

No matter who is in charge Celtic will always score goals in the SPL but their problem lies within the new central defensive partnership. The fans have called for the pair to be split up with new signings to take place, so if that can be sorted then it will be a close one for the title this season.

Interesting to see if he doesn't do the bis in the Old firm game at the end of the month

It's a shame he'll get the boot soon, but on the upside, it means I can start liking him again when he is no longer associated with the mhankey mhob:clap:

Its not really his fault, Martin O'Neill jumped ship just at a stage when Celtic were starting to crumble, all the better players getting on a bit etc etc....

Happy days!:hihi: