Chicken poop question

How long do I have to let chicken poop sit before I can use it on the garden?

You can dig it in when ever, as long as there are no young or vulnerable plants around as it will burn them. Alternatively you can add it to the compost heap.

Some people let it sit in a bucket of water for 6 weeks to make fantastic liquid fertilser instead.

sit in water....just as is, or in bag like you would make a 'tea'?

On my uncle's farm we used to leave it six to twelve months and then apply it in dilute form through a water spreader.

I leave mine in compost bins so it is left for as long as the compost takes if that makes sense!!!!

I think a year is about right. I just compost mine for a year with other clippings and it seems to work fine after that.

With woodash it is best to compost it because it is washed out of soil very quickly and composting help to make it much more slow-release. I don't know whether the same applies to chicken poo. I've just got 6 chickens so would be glad to hear what others think about this.