Do you remember graham shaws cafe.

anyone go to graham shaws cafe in the market, we used to get a great meal there before going to watch united at the lane.

I used to go and also to his brothers chip shop. My dad helped run a sunday football team with graham he was a really lovely man. Food was great value for money and the food was great. Nothing like it any more.

Is this the place in the corner of the market, they were opposite each other, something about Sheffield United rings a bell, was one of them an ex player?

I used to go and also to his brothers chip shop. My dad helped run a sunday football team with graham he was a really lovely man. Food was great value for money and the food was great. Nothing like it any more.

Seem to remember Billy Dearden, who was part of that great United team of the early 70's under John Harris, had a chip shop in Sheffield too. Last I heard he was manager at Mansfield.

billy dearden was last known to be cheif scout for blackpool

So he is, I just checked on Wikipedia. Trying to remember where the chip shop was , wasn't it up Division St somewhere?

Edited by sparkyfred

Mum and dad called in most weeks, I always remember going for a sandwich when I was a kid after mum had done her shopping, then we would walk around the stalls and get cockles served on tiny coloured plastic plates :)

Graham used to play for Sheff United and he also had the Sportsman Pub near Bramall Lane. Also involved in the sunday football team was Tommy Hoyland who ran the Sheldon Pub for quite a while. Yes his son is Jamie Hoyland who also played for Sheff United.

Yes, I remeber Graham's. I was a telephone engineer 30 odd years ago and if we were working in the city centre we would call at Grahams for our breakfast. Best bacon butty ever!

I remember Graham shaw ,Ionce played against him in a friedly match first time i played against an ex pro , and didnt i know about it . I can still feel the bruises now . We were friends in the market as I had the SODA FOUNTAIN upstairs from Graham . good times:D