Nightmare at O2 Academy (Mika Concert 18th Feb)

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

The Academy is an excellent venue. I've been to plenty of sold out gigs there and it never seems over full. I've never been on the balcony though, because it has a reputation for providing a poor view.

You can see clearly from all over the main auditorium. The stage is very long and this helps. I honestly have never been in a standing venue with such clear lines of sight. Perhaps your expectations are too high, or your experience is limited. If you want a clautrophobic, crap view, try Plug. The Academy is in a different league.

Next time you go, wear old shoes. Some of that stickiness is left over from The Roxy. God knows what it is:gag:

i was on the main floor not on the balcony and there certainly wasnt a clear view, you could hear quite a few people complaining about it. I don't know why they can't have big screens like other venues.

I hope you never go to a festival... :)

so do i. If i did go to a festival i would expect the dirty toilets etc, but not in a venue where they are charging £25 for tickets.

so do i. If i did go to a festival i would expect the dirty toilets etc, but not in a venue where they are charging £25 for tickets.

Do you know how much festival tickets are?

Festival tickets are more expensive than that.....

i was on the main floor not on the balcony and there certainly wasnt a clear view, you could hear quite a few people complaining about it. I don't know why they can't have big screens like other venues.

Not wanting to argue but you sound as though you'd be better off staying at home and watching your music on TV... :)

Edited by truman

Guest sibon

If you can't get a clear view in the Academy, I suggest that you stick to all seaters. Or take a box with you next time.:)

Seriously. the venue is as good as it gets for seeing.

Wow - give the OP a break - it can be a very bad venue. I've been to numerous gigs at the O2 and generally they are fine. However the last one I went to (Editors) had serious overcrowding and just too many people on the balcony - you just couldn't see a thing because of the depth of the crowd. We asked the security folk there what the deal was and they basically took a load of people downstairs because they admitted it was completely hopeless. No kids / short people - just an overcrowded venue. Can't believe the "it's your fault/stay at home" attitude on here - the balcony at the O2 is just not acceptable. Shame.

Would not for a minuite have thought this type of venue would be suitable for a 10 year old.

Maybe they should make this clear in the future.

Wow - give the OP a break - it can be a very bad venue. I've been to numerous gigs at the O2 and generally they are fine. However the last one I went to (Editors) had serious overcrowding and just too many people on the balcony - you just couldn't see a thing because of the depth of the crowd. We asked the security folk there what the deal was and they basically took a load of people downstairs because they admitted it was completely hopeless. No kids / short people - just an overcrowded venue. Can't believe the "it's your fault/stay at home" attitude on here - the balcony at the O2 is just not acceptable. Shame.

There's not been many 'your fault/stay at home' posts - you just have to use your judgement as to what is suitable for a small kid, and what tickets to buy - I wouldn't dream of buying tickets that didn't allow me to stand in the main body of the venue... Balcony tickets are never going to be great no matter the venue - unless you get to the front bit and that would mean getting there as early as you can... When it's been important to me, I've got to a venue as early as two to three hours before door open... The OP says she gets out to gigs regularly so she knows this all already... Not sure what the OP is in aid of?

Can't believe the "it's your fault/stay at home" attitude on here - the balcony at the O2 is just not acceptable. Shame.

I was replying to the poster who said she'd prefer the venue to have a big screen..

Do you know how much festival tickets are?

i am sure they are very expensive, i just meant that if it is a festival, it is outdoors, camping etc so you don't expect the same facilities or cleanliness.

Not wanting to argue but you sound as though you'd be better off staying at home and watching your music on TV... :)

just because people express what they believe are honest opinions about a night out they have had there is no need to tell them to stay at home . I think that is a patronising comment.

As members of Sheffield Forum we have just as much right to express opinions even if they don't agree with yours. This forum just gets worse.

There was no problem with the music, but is is meant to be a show and while everyone puts up with crap nothing will ever change. Many of my friends and colleagues have also expressed surprise that there were no big screens so that everyone could enjoy the show along with the music.