Non halal curry house

anyone know of a curry resturant that doesn"t serve halal meat?

don't think so...why??

• Like 1

Because they, like me, presumably wouldn't eat halal meat?

Because they, like me, presumably wouldn't eat halal meat?

it"s for mothers day. my mum doesn"t eat halal meat.

You need to look for an curry house run by an Indian (Hindu/ Sikh), rather than a Pakistani or Bangladeshi owner. Many Indian especially Sikh's wont eat Halal meat. Try Dosanj or perhaps ask at Nirmals or Vijays ..Hope this helps and enjoy Mothers day!

There's a lovely place here that does nothing halal. Might be a bit out of your way though but I can personally recommend it.

Thank you to those people who posted helpful comments.

My mum doesn"t agree with the way halal animals are killed. i don"t want a debate about it. some people may think it ignorant but my mum doesn"t like eating halal so im not taking her to a resturant that sells it.

thanks again .

Thank you to those people who posted helpful comments.

My mum doesn"t agree with the way halal animals are killed. i don"t want a debate about it. some people may think it ignorant but my mum doesn"t like eating halal so im not taking her to a resturant that sells it.

thanks again .

It was a perfectly valid question, and I'd agree with her.

As someone said, there's a difference between restaurants run by people of Pakistani origin, and Indian, as to whether it's halal. Most "indian" restaurants are actually not run by indian people (I suppose few "italians" are run by italian people too!). It does normally say on the door/window though, and to my knowledge most takeaways for example put it on their menu.

Have a nice meal wherever you end up! :)

Some posts have been removed. The OP asked a question, if you can answer it please feel free to post.

Laurajill, have you considered a day out to Leicester. Belgrave road has multiple lovely restaurants run by owners of Indian origin and serve non halal food. (though most of them are vegetarian restaurants..)

anyone know of a curry resturant that doesn"t serve halal meat?

Hi,

I own the Ashoka Indian Restaurant, Ecclesall Road, Sheffield. None of our chicken or lamb is halal.

If you need more information please email me - ashokasheffield@mac.com

or visit our temporary website - http://www.ashoka1967.com to download a copy of our menu.

Regards