Sheffield united 50m debt

Moved to the proper thread.

This is not a dig.

When you look back at what United have had over the last 4 or 5 years, if I were a Blade, I'd seriously want to know some answers?

Premiership money, parachute money, the Tevez money, selling the two Kyles, McCabe's personal input.

That's a HECK of a lot of money coming in when you think about it.

I know there have been a few outgoings, but United were swimming in money, not that long ago?

That in itself (in this money drenched day and age) looks really impressive, but to be a much worse team at the end of it, and to discover that 'we' are now anything between £10m and £67m in debt?????

For now, we'll settle for the published figure of around £35m ???? (I stand corrected)

It's scandalous when you put it all together isn't it?

Just how much money has gone in to United's bank account (or McCabes') since United were promoted to the Premiership?

Seriously, the fall of United over the last 3 or 4 years is frightening.

I never really thought about it seriously 'til this morning, and was genuinely shocked at what I added up.

Like I said, this is a serious statement, and not a 'pop'.

Edited by Earwiggo

True last season was the season I realised "Huh where has the money actually gone?". I think the majority did go under Robson on daft wages and I assume some of the current squad that got us promoted will have had a wage increase year on year. The Tevez money was never one lump sum but it did surpise me when the club said that money is now being used to run things day to day. I think we are all a bit miffed but I knew mid way through our first season back in this league we were going backwards.

What is the actual figure for the 'incomings' over that period?

Ask Titanic,he's sure to know.

I'm not mud slinging or owt, but no offence, I want a Blades' proper figure.

What was the promotion figure? £30m ??

What was the parachute payment, and over how many years? £8m a year for 3 ? years?

How much for Walker? £4m ?

How much for Naughton? £6m ?

How much from West Ham? £25m ?

I stand corrected on all sums quoted.

£89m ??? .................................. More?

Whatever, it's a heck of a lot of money.

Edited by Earwiggo

Why do you want a proper figure its got sod all to do with you,

This is Sheffield United you are talking about it could be anything from 10 to 36 million pounds at the end of the day your a Wednesdayite not a Blade if anyone should be worried it is us the supporters of the Blades and not the lower mid table fans of a club that has winding up order after winding up order issued against them.

Our debt is manageable we are not in danger of going out of business, it has nothing to do with you whatsoever you are just trawling the forum and digging up old threads to have a dig, for gods sake grow up

No wonder we Blades think that this site is going downhill faster than Wednesdays automatic promotion hopes and leaving in droves

Why do you want a proper figure its got sod all to do with you,

This is Sheffield United you are talking about it could be anything from 10 to 36 million pounds at the end of the day your a Wednesdayite not a Blade if anyone should be worried it is us the supporters of the Blades and not the lower mid table fans of a club that has winding up order after winding up order issued against them.

Our debt is manageable we are not in danger of going out of business, it has nothing to do with you whatsoever you are just trawling the forum and digging up old threads to have a dig, for gods sake grow up

No wonder we Blades think that this site is going downhill faster than Wednesdays automatic promotion hopes and leaving in droves

You couln't be more wrong.

Not the response I was looking for to be honest, but if that's how you feel.

I never said you were in danger of going out of business, I just said that with almost £90m coming in, IF I WERE A BLADE, I'd expect my club to be in a much better position, on and off the pitch.

Are Sheffield United not 'Sheffield Football'?

It doesn't take Poirot to see what some Blades are doing to the forum.

Quite soon, I reckon you'll all get what you're after.

Another one gone in the last 30 minutes I see.

Where has the £90m gone?

Sorry you can't have a proper discussion over it.

Bladesman managed it ok.

Maybe some other Blades on here will do the same.

Edited by Earwiggo

This could be my last post as well quite soon you will have what you want just a Wednesday site where u can slag us off to you hearts content with no comeback whatsoever, it amazes me that you are so concerned with our football club and not your own, you have a chairman that could well be going down the line for tax evasion, where was the fit and proper rule when he bought you for a £1.00.

Are you not slightly concerned that if he goes down the line he will have to leave your football club and then once again you are back in the soft and smelly its not long to April

and the court case

where was the fit and proper rule when he bought you for a £1.00.

I didnt realise there was anything in the Law which stated a business could not be bought for £1. :huh::huh:

I would imagine the price of any sale is decided between the seller and the buyer.

So , i ask , where does it state that anyone buying a business for £1 is not a fit and proper person ?

Once again wrong end of the stick I never said he was not fit and proper to buy a footie club for a £1.00.

l I am asking is is it fit and proper that a man who has crimnal charges hanging over his head for tax evasion at a previous football club a fit and proper person to buy another

I didnt realise there was anything in the Law which stated a business could not be bought for £1. :huh::huh:

I would imagine the price of any sale is decided between the seller and the buyer.

So , i ask , where does it state that anyone buying a business for £1 is not a fit and proper person ?

Are you not aware of the charges and pending court cases against the Owls chairman? tax evasion is a serious charge and if found guilty.. would be considered by the F.A as NOT A FIT AND PROPER PERSON TO BE IN CONTROL OF A CLUB.

It has nothing to do with the £1 paid for the purchase of the club.

The above proves the quality of postings and posters of late on this forum. Ill informed and distanced from the real football supporters world. It may also be of note such comments made 45 mins before kick off !! "Get thee sen dan t" ground" .

Edited by TAT
sorry typed at same time of billy b

This could be my last post as well quite soon you will have what you want just a Wednesday site where u can slag us off to you hearts content with no comeback whatsoever, it amazes me that you are so concerned with our football club and not your own, you have a chairman that could well be going down the line for tax evasion, where was the fit and proper rule when he bought you for a £1.00.

Are you not slightly concerned that if he goes down the line he will have to leave your football club and then once again you are back in the soft and smelly its not long to April

and the court case

I didn't say I was concerned.

I said IF I were a Blade I'd be concerned.

Why the aggressive response, I'm being as 'right' as I can be?

If we lose MM, then we will be in the proper doo doo, so of course I'm concerned.

I don't slag United, we're all Sheffield aren't we?

I don't get mad and aggressive on a forum either.

In a nutshell, if £90m had gone through Wednesday's fingers in the last 4 years, and we were so close to the bottom of the Championship, then I'd expect Owls to be absolutely pig sick, and we'd be the first to say that our board had made a proper rolex of it.

We've made a right banana of it with only a couple of million going through our fingers, and that's bad enough..... but £90m?

Anyway, you think I'm digging and want an argument, and that's not my barra, so I'll not reply to any of your posts on this subject.