I'm a full time mum and benefits are my wages.

I take stuff I read in the red tops with a large pinch of salt, but assume these figures are correct. How much would a working couple or single parent have to earn to be able to have that level of disposable income left? £217 in benefits, plus £35 child support from one father = £252 per week.

This report says there are 4 million children in poverty in the UK - but how can there be if this is how much a parent with 3 young children receives? http://www.endchildpoverty.org.uk/why-end-child-poverty/key-facts

Do other families get less in benefits?

How does she manage to get all her child support?

My friend is on income support and because she recieves benefits she only gets 5pounds of her child support and the rest goes back into the state. :confused:

Thewy said once she starts work she'll get the full amount of what the father pays to the csa

What do you suggest for those that don't follow the process?

Kids are put up for adoption so a family who might be able to look after them can have a chance.

Even if they would actually pass the checks, or only if they are somehow caught having an unlicensed child and don't pass the criteria?

Perhaps it would help people feel better if the young lads started using contraception, then there wouldn't be as many of these single mums around

Perhaps it would help people feel better if the young lads started using contraception, then there wouldn't be as many of these single mums around

I forgot there was no contraception available for young women ;)

Yeah, like it's only their responsibility to stick a glove on the damn thing! I think the girl might want to contribute to the decision seeing as she's the one who has to deal with the consequences!

It's usually the lads that grumble about 'chavs' getting benefits and housing, the women are enjoying the benefits and don't need them around

How about teaching you rudimentary literacy. :hihi:

Thanks for the offer but im too busy.

At my JOB!

Do Tax Credits help if you aren't paying any tax because you aren't working?

yes. if you are working you get working tax credits, if not you get child tax credits.

What about Child trust funds? Or even just putting some aside for her kids futures instead of just wasting it on crap? Surely since she needs a credit card she's not that good with saving? Or just not that patient.

Why does she want a bigger house? She doesn't need it. I'm in a 3 bed and i only need two rooms for now and i've been trying to downsize for months as i'm on housing benefits and I see it as a waste of taxpayers money to pay for more than i need. Never would I consider benefits as a wage, that's ridiculous.

I dont think mothers should be made to go out to work.

Why do you think that?