I'm a full time mum and benefits are my wages.

While I think most people despise people like this peroxide, Ugg-booted trollop, you've got to question the Govt.'s (of all shades) sanity in allowing this to continue.

Forget all the deceptions such as 'Global Warming', 'climate change' etc., the biggest problem we are storing up is overpopulation. Yet the powers-that-be effectively throw money as an incentive to people to keep procreating (not that most need it).

Below is a link to illustrate the other side of the story. This self-proclaimed 'yummy mummy' is bitching that her husband - on a six figure salary, and able to afford £3k a year for her four kids' private education - has now seen his business go tits-up and is 'reduced to pawning her Rolex and engagement ring'.

Now successfully running a cupcake business(!) - isn't it strange how these people get self-publicising features in the national press? - she whines,

"The recession was biting...the only money coming in was the £240 per month childcare benefits."

Read and weep...

I think our country should be like others where there is NO benefit system in place that way people would have to work. I think you should ONLY be able to claim some kind of benefit IF and proven that you are sick and unable to work.

So you think that people should loose their homes and be unable to feed themselves if (through no fault of their own) they have lost one job and haven't yet found another?

You think that the rise in crime as people steal to avoid starving is acceptable?

You think that you'd be okay if your job disappeared tomorrow for some reason?

Below is a link to illustrate the other side of the story. This self-proclaimed 'yummy mummy' is bitching that her husband - on a six figure salary, and able to afford £3k a year for her four kids' private education - has now seen his business go tits-up and is 'reduced to pawning her Rolex and engagement ring'.

Now successfully running a cupcake business(!) - isn't it strange how these people get self-publicising features in the national press? - she whines,

"The recession was biting...the only money coming in was the £240 per month childcare benefits."

Read and weep...

Sounds like a lack of forward planning to me. If they'd been putting some of that income aside and weren't mortgaged up to the eye balls then the collapse of the business would have been unpleasant but not a disaster.

So you think that people should loose their homes and be unable to feed themselves if (through no fault of their own) they have lost one job and haven't yet found another?

You think that the rise in crime as people steal to avoid starving is acceptable?

You think that you'd be okay if your job disappeared tomorrow for some reason?

Maybe there should be something in place for people who have lost a job and TRYING to get another. The people that are constantly just on benefits im refering to. I know that some people have to be on them for a short period through no fault of their own but people who are constantly on it is not right.

There will be crime no matter where they was given £50 a week or £100 or none. No amount of money is good enough for some people and would still commit crime. The crime figure shouldnt be the reason we keep the benefit system.

i am so angry after reading that link!!

when me and partner both worked full time jobs we found it diffucult to pay for childcare so i stopped and stayed home with the kids but he got made redundant so i went back to work and he stayed home with the kids, i work very hard at my job and i never see my kids anymore we dont have flashy things like mobile phone contracts and stuff and the little things we do have we have had to work bloody hard to earn the money to pay for them! i bring in about £1000 a month and we have a morgage to pay and all other bills and two kids to care for we havnt even been able to afford a holiday for the last 3 years.

im not angry at the woman so mucc cos its the goverment thats allowing her to do it.

The truth is if you earn less than £18k per year in London as a woman of kids bearing age I don't even understand why you bother getting a job. Have a kid, sign on then get it all for free. This is my advise for anyone not capable of earning more than £18k per year and leaving in London.

This country is not for hard working people.

"SHE sits surrounded by top-of-the-range flat-screen tellies, laptop computers, games consoles and two high-tech gaming chairs.

But single mum Pam Bainb..."

No she doesn't she has a low end to crap telly a so so low end laptop and thats quite probably being generous in the scheme of things.

she's clearly quite thick , I work as hard as someone on £50k... blah bla,

and she is as deluded as the sun is, she has top of the range nothing, and is probably Xamount of pounds in debt to get the small and now commonplace items.

anyone watched idiocracy?

She's clearly got more than you given that little outburst! :hihi:

I get so annoyed with the benefits system for allowing single mothers to be better off not working. When I drop my son off at school there are a bunch of single mums, all with 3-4 kids, standing outside gates smoking (how they afford this I don't know). When they have dropped off they walk to the shops and cash machine then straight into cafe for coffee and breakfast. Then after that they cross the road and wait at the bus stop to go into town. Later on I see them outside gates again smoking with a load of primarni bags hanging off their double buggies. When they've picked up kids its back to the shops to get tea from farmfoods, fags and stella from shop and back home to 3 bed council semi. All the kids get free lunches, uniforms, school trips and now laptops!

I went back to work when my baby was 4 months old as I couldn't manage on maternity pay and feel cross that these mums get the privilege of spending time with their babies indefinitely, whilst getting free formula milk of course!

Nowadays you seem to be penalised for being married with 2 kids and working for a living. My hubby has a decent job so I am grateful we can pay our bills but luxuries are rare treats and I certainly can't afford to eat out every day and shop in town for new stuff all the time. I worked out that if my hubby was still in his old job and I wasn't working I would receive over £500 a month in tax credits! Crazy! I get £20 a week now which drops to £10 in September, I save this for Christmas and B'days as we wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.

We get no help towards childcare so my mum took early retirement to help out otherwise my wages would have almost all gone on childcare.

The government really need to shake up the system and make it impossible for single mums of school age children to keep claiming instead of getting a job.

I get so annoyed with the benefits system for allowing single mothers to be better off not working. When I drop my son off at school there are a bunch of single mums, all with 3-4 kids, standing outside gates smoking (how they afford this I don't know). When they have dropped off they walk to the shops and cash machine then straight into cafe for coffee and breakfast. Then after that they cross the road and wait at the bus stop to go into town. Later on I see them outside gates again smoking with a load of primarni bags hanging off their double buggies. When they've picked up kids its back to the shops to get tea from farmfoods, fags and stella from shop and back home to 3 bed council semi. All the kids get free lunches, uniforms, school trips and now laptops!

I went back to work when my baby was 4 months old as I couldn't manage on maternity pay and feel cross that these mums get the privilege of spending time with their babies indefinitely, whilst getting free formula milk of course!

Nowadays you seem to be penalised for being married with 2 kids and working for a living. My hubby has a decent job so I am grateful we can pay our bills but luxuries are rare treats and I certainly can't afford to eat out every day and shop in town for new stuff all the time. I worked out that if my hubby was still in his old job and I wasn't working I would receive over £500 a month in tax credits! Crazy! I get £20 a week now which drops to £10 in September, I save this for Christmas and B'days as we wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.

We get no help towards childcare so my mum took early retirement to help out otherwise my wages would have almost all gone on childcare.

The government really need to shake up the system and make it impossible for single mums of school age children to keep claiming instead of getting a job.

We live in a very sad country, working and being a single or low wage mum is just stupid.

Just quit working, sign on and enjoy on the taxpayers. :confused::love:

Another point i want to make is.

People love to moan in pub, Internet or in there homes, but until somebody decides to start doing something about it then nothing is going to change.

Is either you pay and shut up, or you just join them. Up to us really how we live our lives, but we all have a choice.

Edited by beemarman

Maybe there should be something in place for people who have lost a job and TRYING to get another.

That would be Job Seekers Allowance then.

The people that are constantly just on benefits im refering to. I know that some people have to be on them for a short period through no fault of their own but people who are constantly on it is not right.

I agree, but that wasn't what you'd said in the previous post.

There will be crime no matter where they was given £50 a week or £100 or none. No amount of money is good enough for some people and would still commit crime. The crime figure shouldnt be the reason we keep the benefit system.

There will be more crime if people are actually given nothing and have no food.

As you already accepted in the first paragraph, the benefit system exists to help those who are temporarily out of work, that's why we should keep it.

I would have thought that in this modern age there could be some sort of credit card that is topped up with benefits and can be used in any shop but only to buy things like food and household goods as well as paying bills and such. I don't think stopping benefits is the answer, but if people didn't have the cash to go out on the town or buy laptops that would surely give them a reason to try to find work.

The lazy fat scrubber should do what the rest of us decent and hardworking taxpayers do.

GET A JOB!!

Her benefits should be stopped imidiatly and she should be made to get a job.

ANY JOB!!!

This just backs up my view that to have a baby you should go through a similar process as you do to get a mortgage.

Maybe the NHS would save millions if they set up an office where you can have you finances inspected to decide whether you can afford a baby.

If you're thinking of having a baby, its common sense to work out whether you could afford to provide for the baby. There are many people in this country who lack the common sense, instead its an "open legs now - think about it later" type scenario.

If you have a baby you should be able to provide without stealing from taxpayers who choose not to have kids due to their own financial situation. If you can't provide for the baby, its put up for adoption.