I'm a full time mum and benefits are my wages.

I find many things interresting, would you consider it a requirement to be personally affected by something before you can show an interrest in it??
no not necessarily, but why get worked up about a thing that has no effect on you anyway just because it is in The Sun.

no not necessarily, but why get worked up about a thing that has no effect on you anyway just because it is in The Sun.

Most low income earners can only dream of saving £1000 a year. They would all benefit from adopting the attitude of the single mother in question.

If your husband is earning 'hardly any money' the you are eligible for Working tax credits.

Rather than just saying 'hardly any money' give us a figure as your 'hardly any money' may be a lot of money to some.

bearing in mind that our bills are 650.00 to 700.00 a month and he earns 750.00 after tax... this would be "hardly any money" dont you think...

bearing in mind that our bills are 650.00 to 700.00 a month and he earns 750.00 after tax... this would be "hardly any money" dont you think...

Do you claim tax credits, working and child.?

yeah we claim working tax for him.. child tax and child benefit for my daughter but we cant claim anything else..

yeah we claim working tax for him.. child tax and child benefit for my daughter but we cant claim anything else..

So £750 after tax equates to £10200 a year before tax.

That will mean your Tax Credit award will be £5,840.40 per year or £468.70.

Your Child Benefit will be £80 per month.

So

£750 plus £468.70 plus £80 = £1298.70 less your bills 0f £700 leaves:

£598.70

While hardly a kings ransom it is NOT hardly any money and a huge proportion of your family income is made up of BENEFITS.

we have to live on 80.00 a week.,. this is for food.. clothes day to day travel everything.. that is all we get.. then every 4 weeks we will get 50.00 if we are lucky off of his wages.. now i know that the benefits add up over the year but when you try and take it all into account of how much things cost 80.00 a week doesnt go anywhere... the point of the matter is i am a full time mum and i do not get paid for doing the job that i do.. i think that you should get sum sort of allowance.. i mean people out of work get paid.. single mums are on about 274.00 roughly a week.. so what does this tell you!!

we have to live on 80.00 a week.,. this is for food.. clothes day to day travel everything.. that is all we get.. then every 4 weeks we will get 50.00 if we are lucky off of his wages.. now i know that the benefits add up over the year but when you try and take it all into account of how much things cost 80.00 a week doesnt go anywhere... the point of the matter is i am a full time mum and i do not get paid for doing the job that i do.. i think that you should get sum sort of allowance.. i mean people out of work get paid.. single mums are on about 274.00 roughly a week.. so what does this tell you!!

You do, child tax credit and child benefit (was known as family allowance) which are both paid to you.

As for the £274.00 for 'single mums' can you let us know how you have arrived at this figure?.

single mums are on about 274.00 roughly a week.. so what does this tell you!!

Try doing some research before you assume, its actually less than half of that.

Try doing some research before you assume, its actually less than half of that.

Oh come now, lets not have facts get in the way of good old fashioned hysteria.

The law changes in Oct this year whereby she will not be able to claim income support anymore and wil have to look for a job as her youngest child will be over 7.

why is she crowing about this all she is are doing is getting peoples back up, i work full time and have a child to bring up on my own at one time i was doing 2 jobs don't use your children has an excuse to avoid work get a childminder i do she ought to have some self respect.

Edited by alen65