Broadfield rd club

Excuse my ignorance but what's a flash road ?

Excuse my ignorance but what's a flash road ?

It was supposedly going to be some kind of relief road, can't recall what puffy name they gave to it, but it never happened.

Industrial units and businesses remind you of a slum? Have to say that's a bit odd, but each to their own I guess! At least the businesses down there are thriving - you don't see the units up for let very often...

I know someone who works in one of those businesses and they are successful so, it wasn't all bad even though the relief road didn't materialise, it happened a lot all over Sheffield.

That was pure chance, they actually knocked the houses down to build a flash road - which of course never materialised.

What you said was 'is that what Broadfield Rd looks like now? What a chuffing slum' - so you must have been referring to business and industrial units? That's what is there now, and to me one small factory/office block looks much like another, but they don't often have the appearance of a slum...

Was talking to my mum about this thread today, and she said the group that did, Bridget the Midget, were the "4 mimes", anyone else remember them?

It was the Discos (3 of them) formerly 4 Mimes saw them many times..

I remember Renée and Renato performing at the club about 1982. They were booked before they had there hit Save Your Love

Gosh ! that brings back some memories. My dad used to take us mostly Friday, Saturday night and then sunday dinnertime. this would have been 60/70's. Always remember the Pie and Peas. Great times !!!

I have memories of this club too - my dad used to go there. The highlight used to be going upstairs with him and playing the one armed bandit - he put in the sixpence and I pulled the handle! Coach trips with the club to Skegness are a distant memory too.

Being allowed in the snooker room upstairs and the balcony looking out over the main concert room and stage too are other things I remember.

The staircase up to the balcony and snooker room were narrow and steep but not as steep as the old entrance steps out front.

My uncle Jim Keyworth was on the committee there and the place used to get quite packed at weekends.