Broadfield rd club

Thanks for the link, me and my dad walked passed there last year before he passed away and we were trying to fathom out if that was still part of the club behind, do you know why its still there? I take it its not been used as a club now?

Thanks for the link, me and my dad walked passed there last year before he passed away and we were trying to fathom out if that was still part of the club behind, do you know why its still there? I take it its not been used as a club now?

Its all part of Pagets builders merchant. I presume they use it as storage and offices. All they have done is remove the foyer front of the club and rebuild this to make it look good.

I've just realised I'm thinking of Bradfield rd club at hilsborough. Sorry lol

yes i used to go there with my dad in the early 70s,cracking place for the kids too.

that might have been The Discos

Was talking to my mum about this thread today, and she said the group that did, Bridget the Midget, were the "4 mimes", anyone else remember them?

Broadfield Road Club or Heeley Social Club as I think it was called brings back many memories...my uncle was on the committee there for many years way back when and we used to frequent it a lot.

I always remember being able to wander around the place with my crisps and bottle of pop, upstairs to the snooker room and the room with the balcony that overlooked the concert room.

They rebuilt the entrance in the early 80's for health and safety reasons so instead of walking up steps at the front which would have been behind the stage and then down into the main room with the stage to your right, you would enter and exit via a new entrance the right of the stage (from behind) into the concert room.

My uncle used to sell the bingo cards from a table mid way down the main room too.

Happy memories, especially New Years Eve nights and the trips to the seaside in the summer.

"They rebuilt the entrance in the early 80's for health and safety reasons so instead of walking up steps at the front "

Good job too. I came down those stone steps headfirst leaving there way back in the 60's :-)

Christ, is that what Broadfield Road looks like now ? It used to be nice houses.

What a chuffing slum.

Christ, is that what Broadfield Road looks like now ? It used to be nice houses.

What a chuffing slum.

Industrial units and businesses remind you of a slum? Have to say that's a bit odd, but each to their own I guess! At least the businesses down there are thriving - you don't see the units up for let very often...

Industrial units and businesses remind you of a slum? Have to say that's a bit odd, but each to their own I guess! At least the businesses down there are thriving - you don't see the units up for let very often...

That was pure chance, they actually knocked the houses down to build a flash road - which of course never materialised.