Funny Jockey names and Horse names

The Royal Standard in Sheffield is hosting a Race Horse Night at 8pm on the 27 February 2010.

This is in aid of raising some funds for a local football team with some very talented players. I am after trying to find some funny jockey names and horse names as I want to sponsor some names on the night.

Have you any suggestions for horse names and jockey names?

A real horse one for you.

Hoofhearted.

Much as I like him as a jockey, I always had a little giggle at Antony Dobbin's name. There's a new apprentice on the scene (who's actually a decent jockey) called Ryan Mania.

There was also a J Gotobed as well a few years ago.

Edited by happyhippy

Back in 1979 there were two horses on the National Hunt scene, Slippery Dick and Shy Talk. More rude than funny.

What about 'My Face' for the horse. When the horses are running, the girls will be screaming 'come on my face'.

How about calling your jockey:

Hugh Jarse

Chris P Bacon

Dai O'Rhea

Rod N Line

Pat McCock

There is a man who is involved in racing called Richard head, dont know if he is a trainer or jockey, but you can shorten the Richard to Dick can't you

There is a man who is involved in racing called Richard head, dont know if he is a trainer or jockey, but you can shorten the Richard to Dick can't you

Don't think there is, unfortunately. There's a Freddie Head, and a Criquette Head, but not a Richard Head. Surely nobody would be so cruel :P

There's enormous scope for naming horses with "sounds incredibly rude when said fast" names - indeed, the racing authorities have a section devoted to approving names, whose chief function is to weed out any attempts to do so in real life.

If you're not after the pseudo-obscene line, I would look for some punning variations on local places, famous people, football stars, something along those lines.

How about calling your jockey:

Hugh Jarse

Chris P Bacon

Dai O'Rhea

Rod N Line

Pat McCock

Now those are what u call good names! haha made me laugh!