Broadband provider recommendations

Does anyone here use Sky broadband at the moment, thinking bout switching to them.

I've had years of trouble free BB with Tiscali, but now talktalk are taking over, they are putting 40gig limits on.

Need another talk & BB provider and would welcome any recommendations.

I'm on the unlimited package that costs £10 per month and have never had any problems. Usually get at least 2MB speeds and sometimes up to 6MB.

The TV has been a different story, but no issues with broadband.

Cheapest Sky broadband is £23 per month which is expensive when broadband costs now average about £7.50 per month. It doesn't make the top ten of any comparison site.

John X

Are you sure? Mine is £10 per month for unlimited bandwidth and up to 6MB line.

Are you sure? Mine is £10 per month for unlimited bandwidth and up to 6MB line.

From Sky's own site:

Sky Broadband is only available with a Sky TV package (from £18 per month)

£5 per month for up to 10Mb (200x speed) broadband

I make that £23 per month.

John X

From Sky's own site:

I make that £23 per month.

John X

Fair enough, as I already had the TV I just looked at it as £10.

I would not rate BE unlimited.

Yes speeds are good and unlimited usage is nice but the customer service is truly awful...

The people on the phones sound Russian?

Very hard to understand and frankly they have been plain rude on several occasions when I have had to call them.

Plus several service issues in past 12 months (i.e. BB simply not working)

We have BE at work and I am moving back to BT for two reasons.

1 - They actually have a very competitive business package for £ 41.95/ month + VAT which includes line rental , unlimited BB and inclusive calls to landlines AND mobiles...

2 - You get to speak to someone in the UK when things go wrong (and at some stage something will go wrong).

They do actually have decent customer service.

I would really think twice before I let anyone other than BT handle my line - if something goes wrong you could be in big trouble.

I previousley had BT and their cust service was diabolical, Indian callcenters, long ques etc.

With be/o2 I find the cust service great, for example if I want to change my ip profile, I call them and they do it.

Never had any issues with service (3+ years).

Unless you can move your house to closer to the exchange then no matter who your with your speed isnt going to change.

just pick whoever is offering the best price and the shortest contract.

O2 Broadband.

If you have a mobile with O2 either monthly or PAYG then you get a monthly discount. Also their call centre is in Scotland and not India.

ONLY go with o2 if they have their equipment on your exchange (llu) as their ipstream/access package is pure garbage.

The people on the phones sound Russian?

They're Bulgarian.

Hi peeps,

As I have stated elsewhere on the Forum, I have been one of the fortunate ones to have had good experience with TalkTalk; when I had problems with speed I did not bother using the phone service I contacted 'BlueTops' on the TalkTalk forum and they sorted out my profile and have not had a problem since with regard to speed. Currently getting 240-270 kbps download and 45-70 uploads.

best regards,

swarfendor43