Any old Y&L out there "C" company 1957/61

Did anyone come accross a national service man called Keith Davis? He was a good mate and I attended his passing out parade at Pontefract in about 1955. He served in Suez and came back to Dover, where he married and settled down. I lost touch with him as I joined the RAF and served for 22 years. I should be very interested to hear how he has got on over the years.

Mike

Thanks Garekeeper and Dukes for that information. I would love to get in touch with old comrades, all from Sheffield, they would be 74/75 years old now although the ones that got deferred would be around 78. I don't like putting peoples names on the forum but here goes. Does anyone know the following, Peter J. Potts, Colin Hill, Melvin Hulbert (Chapletown) or Stanley Wooton?

Edited by Gerry

To Gerry

Melvin Hulbert was my mum's cousin although he was much nearer my age. I used to have to field for him (aged 5) when he played cricket in Chapeltown Park.

You could try Brian Hulbert of Chapeltown who is his cousin.

Think my dad was in Y&L I know he did his stint in Germany, Ray Steer

I was in the Hallamshires (Y&L TA Battalion) from 62-66 I then enlisted into 1Y&L regulars in 66 and left on disbandment on 31st of march 1969 which was the official date of closing the regiment although the actual disbandment parades took place on 14th December 1968.

I remember the regiment being assembled in the Astra Cinema at Episkopi Garrisson Cyprus where Col Winter stated that as from the 31st of march 1969 the York & Lancaster regiment will cease to exist.

My last 28 days prior to terminal leave starting March 3rd 1969 was at Hipswell Lodge Ressetlement Centre at Catterick on a plumbing course.

I was a N/S man in the Y&L,s 1954 trained at Pontifract, after training we flew to Fanara Egypt. After Egypt we came home to Dover Castle, then demobbed at Pontifract. My army no is 23078774,one thing I just can,t forget.