Can anyone recommend any martial arts classes?

Any one reccommend any good martial arts classes and where they are, used to do kick boxing when i was at school but kinda stopped going, but i now want to learn again or anything similar :)

Any one reccommend any good martial arts classes and where they are, used to do kick boxing when i was at school but kinda stopped going, but i now want to learn again or anything similar :)

Good kickboxing classes?

Look no further ;)

http://www.sheffieldkickboxingclub.co.uk

We are based in the city centre if thats any good for you.

Or you could try....(see signature) below:hihi:

Or you could try....(see signature) below:hihi:

Both are good clubs wether karate or kickboxing.

Depends on what you want.

The kickboxing is in the town centre, the karate is at sheffield hallam dojo.

You need to decide what you want from you martial art before commiting yourself to one or the other. Try lots of different ones if you can first

i have read wing chun by sifu shaun rawcliff and jeet kune do by bruce lee vol 3 and i have the tao of jeet kune do by bruce lee but have not got chance to look through it. I dont want to punh for the sake of punching i want to learn more offence more than defence, to be able to read your oponant before he moves and strike before he does.

i want to learn more offence more than defence,

Most boxers would tell you that if you learn how not to get hit then the offence takes care of itself. ;)

Heya

I've been doing Lau Gar Kung Fu for 13 years now. It's a style based on 5 animals, and encorporates soft & hard techniques, sparing and weapons, a good balanced martial art I love it :o) Graham Abdulla is the guardian for sheffield, you can find classes on most nights of the week across the city, main venues are 393 club in Hillsborough and Scott Road in Pitsmoor..check out our website below :o)

"http://www.sheffield-laugar.co.uk/"

Alice

Sheffield Martial Arts Centre, run classes for a mix of Martial Arts, plus Jeet Kune Do all details are on the web site.

I think it would be interesting if there was a discussion like this where no one was allowed to promote their own clubs...so it would just be testimonials fromstudents etc.

Or even better, we could have a sticky with club details in it at the top of the forum so there wouldn't be a new "I want to do martial arts where should I go lol" thread every week.