My house was burgled and my car stolen (S5)

I've seen on Road Wars / Street Crime UK where the police have just prised off a PVC door with a spade, which has totally put me off having one.

Where is all this PVC door stuff coming from?

My PVC doors have 5 'locks' along their length and to prise it open you would need 5 spades on the door at the same time, the top one being about a foot above your head. :confused:

John X

Where theres a will theres a way with this cold hearted so and so's that make a living out of selfishly stealing other peoples possesions.

My PVC doors have 5 'locks' along their length and to prise it open you would need 5 spades on the door at the same time, the top one being about a foot above your head. :confused:

John X

I have seen the police have a lot of trouble breaking down upvc doors and one of the cop shows said that they hated having to break through upvc doors as they are the hardest to defeat.

However I saw one last week where he just put his size 12 right through the upvc panel at the bottom and were in in seconds, made me do something about mine.

Well my neighbour across road just rung me with the question did i hear anything last night? Her friend had stayed over and she got up this morning to find her car has vanished into thin air a brand new corsa. Yep we live in S5 :mad:

sorry to hear about your friends car. what is happening? there has been a`massive increase in burglary,s and car theft recently in sheff 5.the police told me it,s actually gone down, but looking on here i think not. i,m really considering moving. hope your friend gets her car back. police still have mine, prob gonna cost a fortune on storage.

Argh i live in s5 and in the past 3 weeks there have been 12 cars broken into all on my street... its not even a long street anywho my mums car got done the other day too!! However nothing has been stolen out of anyones car yet?? I don't get it whats the point??? Also on all the cars they have smashed one window and damaged the passengers side lock??? Why?? Argh its fustrating because whats the need if they dont steal anything??? my mums sat nav was in plain view... i dont get it ?? Anyway has anyone else's street got this problem??

i lived on southey hill for a year, and in that year i had my windscreen smashed on a car i bought the day before and was burgled couldn't stay there any longer i had to move which made me mad because i really liked it there, but glad i did it just seems to be getting worse something needs to be done before it gets out of hand:mad:

John X

I asked the police about uPVC doors and they said they thought they were more secure than a woodern door.

How on earth can the police be expected to go out and catch these thieving scum-bags when they have just put the kettle on, and got their feet up for the evening?

You clearly arent a police officer, or can't know any police officers, it amazes me the amount of people who make these comments, when you are completely unaware of what DOES go off. Do you want your police officers to sit in high vis jackets in marked vehicles on each street each and every night to deter them from that area - because they COULD do that - but the little scroats would just find some other estate/postcode to carry out these vile acts then we'd be complaining that we dont have enough cover on the next estate.

The police act far more covertly, they have plain cars and operations running ALL the time, if it is a genuine problem in the area then they will be seeing to it.

Comments like yours infuriate me, the police work VERY hard, and joined up to protect and serve the public. Lets face it, what they do will never be enough for people like you.

I was speaking to a family who lived at the end of Morgan Avenue last year, they said people have vandalised their car a few times.

Not heard of any problems on my street though.

That's horrible! I can't believe he would set up his own family like that! He must be into drugs or something. Is it just me or is our society becoming more and more filled with sociopaths?

I know of a similar story but the son actually set it up with his mates.

All 3 got caught 2 days later while in the process of selling a widescreen tele in some supermarket car park. It ended him inside for 3 months and his mates got off scot free.

Every time his younger brother see's him now, he spits in his face

He must be into drugs or something.

Not necessarily.

Did you never try to impress your mates when you were a kid?

John X

Im so glad youve got your car back. If i was you id get an alarm fitted, we have one and it makes me feel alot safer!!

All well and good, unless they steal the car with the keys, as has been done.

The police shouldn't need to break into your car, most recovery firms are able to remove a vehicle without needing the keys etc (just look at the number of Fiat 500's being stolen without keys on here).

The scenes of crime officers may need to get into your car, but the recovery group or your insurance can sort that out.

You'll probably want to change your car anyway, mine didn't feel the same after i'd got it back!