My house was burgled and my car stolen (S5)

I am really sorry to hear about your burgulary. I know what it is like to be burgled, we used to live in Shiregreen and was burgled three times. The last straw for us was when the car went missing off the drive and was never seen again. I will keep my eyes open for your car, good look with the claim.

I am really sorry to hear about your burgulary. I know what it is like to be burgled, we used to live in Shiregreen and was burgled three times. The last straw for us was when the car went missing off the drive and was never seen again. I will keep my eyes open for your car, good look with the claim.

Shes got it back...

I live in S11 and last week got burgled for the second time in 3 months. The first time we were all in the house but someone left the back door unlocked, and as my housemate nipped upstairs for a shower someone came in and took £1000+ worth of stuff. We didn't get anything back and we didn't have insurance.

Last week whilst one of my housemates was in his bedroom someone prised open the grate at the front of the house leading to the cellar and came up through there, taking £300+ worth of stuff.

Luckily this time i had taken out insurance but it is a **** take, i know loads of houses round here that get burgled, are there no measures that can be taken to prevent this or catch the perpetrators? I can barely afford food, never remind replacing expensive electrical items.

Can I ask where abouts in S11 you live? I live close and will need to keep an eye out.

Jane - great news about the car. Lets hope the Police find some evidence that can link it up to a criminal.

The scenes of crime officers may need to get into your car, but the recovery group or your insurance can sort that out.

Unlikely that they will bother.

I think once a car is recovered, it ceases to be an 'active' case.

John X

You clearly arent a police officer, or can't know any police officers, it amazes me the amount of people who make these comments, when you are completely unaware of what DOES go off. Do you want your police officers to sit in high vis jackets in marked vehicles on each street each and every night to deter them from that area - because they COULD do that - but the little scroats would just find some other estate/postcode to carry out these vile acts then we'd be complaining that we dont have enough cover on the next estate.

The police act far more covertly, they have plain cars and operations running ALL the time, if it is a genuine problem in the area then they will be seeing to it.

Comments like yours infuriate me, the police work VERY hard, and joined up to protect and serve the public. Lets face it, what they do will never be enough for people like you.

Yes you are right I am not a police officer, but it seems to me that you are, or know someone that is. Thats why you are blowing their trumpet. It may amaze YOU the amount of people who make these comments. Because it's clear to me that you think the sun shines out of their backsides.

And as for not knowing what DOES go off I am not alone in that respect, it's clear to most of the trusting Sheffielders that the Police dont know either. And as for sitting in marked cars wearing high vis jackets why not, if it deters the local scum. And if they move to a different area why not just follow them? or is that too much to ask.

I think the police act far more covertly than is necessary at times, in fact so covertly we hardly know they are there. They may have plain cars and operations running ALL the time. But they dont seem to be "seeing to it" otherwise it would not be so prevalent.

When my car was stolen some time back I got no help at all, I ended up doing the job myself. It was just like having a dog and having to do the barking myself.

Also comment like YOURS infuriate me, I for one don't think "the police work VERY hard" as

you put it, no harder than any one else doing a paid job.

So "let's face it" what little they do will always be enough for people like you.

update: police recovered my car and took it for forensics!! sounds good ye, well i still havn,t got it back from them.

here,s the story of frustration.

i have phoned repeatedly, kept being told they can.t do forensics coz there,s no key- my reply i know there,s no key, the theifs have it. i have told you this 4 times already

ok we will ring you back- did not ring, not once.

meanwhile car still in pound i,m being charged.

7 days later- police tell me i have to order a key from citreon, lol

key will take up to 10 days lol

i am at the end of my tether

update: police recovered my car and took it for forensics!! sounds good ye, well i still havn,t got it back from them.

i have phoned repeatedly, kept being told they can.t do forensics coz there,s no key- my reply i know there,s no key, the theifs have it. i have told you this 4 times already

Aren't our police wonderful.

So they want you to pay for and order a new key to get in the car? Shouldn't you be getting the locks changed - when you get the car back the scrotes will be back to take the car again with your old key. :confused: You're probably just wasting your money on a new key for the old locks if you are going to have to change the locks anyway.

Edited by satman2222

So they want you to pay for and order a new key to get in the car? Shouldn't you be getting the locks changed - when you get the car back the scrotes will be back to take the car again with your old key. :confused: You're probably just wasting your money on a new key for the old locks if you are going to have to change the locks anyway.

yes will still have to get the locks changed, but had to order a basic key just for the police to be able to open the door to do finger prints etc.

I'd take legal advice on this!

The police should not be charging you to store a car they are currently examining in connection with a crime investigation.

They also don't need your key, or any key to get into it.

John X

I'd take legal advice on this!

The police should not be charging you to store a car they are currently examining in connection with a crime investigation.

They also don't need your key, or any key to get into it.

John X

thanks John, will look into this, i thought it was a bit unfair.