My house was burgled and my car stolen (S5)

i live in sheffield 5 southy. early thursday morning i got up for work to discover i had been burgled and my car stolen while me and my children slept. they have stolen a 42 inch philips lcd tv, the:scum bags even took food from my fridge and valantines gifts. they used my car to steal my things. police say no evidence of forced entry so it looks like my 15 year old left the back door unlocked. due to this it looks i am unable to claim on house insurance. as yet there has been no sign of my car which is a silver lilac C2. not sure if insurance will pay out yet for car either. so if you spot my car parked up somewhere or suspect it could be drop me a line it would be much appreciated.:mad:

Can you post your car reg on here please so people can look out for it

BW04 ZTF it,s a lilac colour not very common for this model of car. thanks :)

Could there be another reason why there doesn't look to be forced entry, that wouldn't result in you not getting any insurance money?

I don't know if leaving keys accessible from the letterbox counts but that maybe possible?

sheffield 5. scumbags tried to steal my car tuesday night gutless justice system means police have impossible job thanks mr blunkett hows life on the chatsworth estate.

I shall keep a look out for your car mate - sorry to hear about this

Has forensics been since the coppers said no sign of forced entry?

i live in sheffield 5 southy. early thursday morning i got up for work to discover i had been burgled and my car stolen while me and my children slept. they have stolen a 42 inch philips lcd tv, the:scum bags even took food from my fridge and valantines gifts. they used my car to steal my things. police say no evidence of forced entry so it looks like my 15 year old left the back door unlocked. due to this it looks i am unable to claim on house insurance. as yet there has been no sign of my car which is a silver lilac C2. not sure if insurance will pay out yet for car either. so if you spot my car parked up somewhere or suspect it could be drop me a line it would be much appreciated.:mad:

I'm sorry to hear about this

I will look for your car while i'm out and about

I have recently had something stolen so i know how you feel

sorry to hear that, but i am sure you will be insured, they may have picked your lock?

once knew about a burglary where the thieves did not have to break in. it turned out that a teenager living there revealed where the key was hidden outside. being naive and trusting, he never thought his mates would let themselves in and nick his playstaion he had let them play on. might be worth a closer look at your son's friends and family contacts. how did they know your door might be unlocked?

It is also possible to get in via externally glazed double glazing. again leaving no evidence of forced entry