The Sheffield gay scene part 2

I'll keep a tab on what happens at the old Affinity around the corner, as it looks like reopening, most likely also as a 'Mainstream' venue.

:

That could possibly be the new space for Sylvesters apparently.

Drag Cabaret venue; this is the kind of attraction which sheffield could really do with, and it would be popular with gay and straight crowds alike.

And over and over and over again. When will you get it into your head that drag as an artform is tired, overated and outdated? No-one wants it but you love.

Edited by esme

Doncaster Pride is 21 August

I bet that will be entertaining.

Climax has been going down the pan for a fair few months to be quite honest. I like the event very much, but it's the same every 3rd Friday, same music, same set out, same everything. I also think there is something wrong with the drinks, lager is ALWAYS flat, I don't just mean most of the time, but ALWAYS.

I am also glad to hear about Affinity being changed, the first owners had no idea. Sanctaury is also best of closed, the location is **** and the venue is ****. I have no idea to why they keep the place open as a bar/nightclub, because the only thing it could be good at is being a restaurant.

Affinity - Never busy

Xes - Drug den

Lair - Disgusting

Dempsey's - Rip off.

Climax - Same every month.

It's all a mess at the moment and for one am hating the scene.

Climax has been going down the pan for a fair few months to be quite honest. I like the event very much, but it's the same every 3rd Friday, same music, same set out, same everything. I also think there is something wrong with the drinks, lager is ALWAYS flat, I don't just mean most of the time, but ALWAYS.

I am also glad to hear about Affinity being changed, the first owners had no idea. Sanctaury is also best of closed, the location is **** and the venue is ****. I have no idea to why they keep the place open as a bar/nightclub, because the only thing it could be good at is being a restaurant.

Affinity - Never busy

Xes - Drug den

Lair - Disgusting

Dempsey's - Rip off.

Climax - Same every month.

It's all a mess at the moment and for one am hating the scene.

Totally agree... and yes Climax drinks are dodgy... also why is there never any ice? Sorry but warm vodka and coke isn't all that pleasant!!!

It’s the same old complaints with regards to Sheffield gay scene, change bleeding the record and if you’re that unsatisfied with the gay venues in Sheffield do something about it or go else where. Sheffield gay scene is never going to change or get better if people just sit back and slag it off :rolleyes:

It’s the same old complaints with regards to Sheffield gay scene, change bleeding the record and if you’re that unsatisfied with the gay venues in Sheffield do something about it or go else where. Sheffield gay scene is never going to change or get better if people just sit back and slag it off :rolleyes:

People do go elsewhere, that is why it's ****. The same old people will stick to the same old places and most of the Sheffield gayers, will be in Leeds, Birmingham and Manchester due to the poorness. You may say do something about it, but there is't anything you can do.

I do go elsewhere.

Allbear...

I do support the Sheffield gay scene... but even I have now had enough of the rubbishness of it!

But I don't think people do sit back, people at least give it a go but then appear to end up bored or dissatisfied and then stop going. I can understand the complaints are annoying but they are no doubt for a reason, it seems a shame that there appears to be no solution to this. :(

What can people do about it ?, they cannot change it if the pub/club owners are not prepared to change anything.

I hardly go on the gay scene now, maybe pop into Lions on a Friday, prefer to go to straight pubs now.

I wish I could change the pubs but I wont be able to.

...Just a little update on Sanctuary, just to put peoples minds at rest: From speaking to a manager I heard that:

It Will STILL be a Gay-Friendly venue as before when it re-opens.

The management will be getting some kind of grant for refurbishing/improving the venue; one of the proposed improvements is some kind of function room upstairs.

I have no date for when it is likely to reopen, but the managers will let people know in good time!