The Sheffield gay scene part 2

That is good Tyranna - I am interested in poetry myself and I live quite near the Rude ... I think I shall definitely go along - will you be doing recitals also? I looked you up on YouTube and was entralled with your Hell is a Railway rendition in a pub !

Hi, Roger, Many Thanks for the post; I will see if I can get along to the Burns Night at the Shipyard; it might be that guests can read their own poetry, or it might be that entertainment is already sorted out. I will be looking at relaunching the GALA Gay Arts Festival this Summer and will be doing a number of poetry/writing based events for that; more details will be posted as and when things start to develop.

Hi, Roger, Many Thanks for the post; I will see if I can get along to the Burns Night at the Shipyard; it might be that guests can read their own poetry, or it might be that entertainment is already sorted out. I will be looking at relaunching the GALA Gay Arts Festival this Summer and will be doing a number of poetry/writing based events for that; more details will be posted as and when things start to develop.

This sounds great Tyranna - is this a yearly arts festival is it big ? and does it include the visual arts too ? I am really interested in this !

The G.A.L.A. Festival (Gay And Lesbian Arts Festival) will be a festival showcasing all kinds of art activities by and for the LGBT Community; I will in due course put something up about it on a websit eof mine and on Facebook, so watch this space.

The G.A.L.A. Festival (Gay And Lesbian Arts Festival) will be a festival showcasing all kinds of art activities by and for the LGBT Community; I will in due course put something up about it on a websit eof mine and on Facebook, so watch this space.

I will be watching this space :cool::love:

Just a really important reminder, folks; they've done it again (Moved it forward in the month by one week): January CLIMAX is TONIGHT, Friday 13th of January: MOULIN ROUGE theme (Dress in naughty red/black/lace, etc...)

Just a really important reminder, folks; they've done it again (Moved it forward in the month by one week): January CLIMAX is TONIGHT, Friday 13th of January: MOULIN ROUGE theme (Dress in naughty red/black/lace, etc...)

Did everyone enjoy Climax, then? The reason why is was so early this month, apparently, BEFORE the students even returned, was that the venue is used for exams through January, although considering its layout, the irregular shape and pillars blocking sightlines in the 2 rooms must make it an invigilators nightmare and less than suitable for most exam sessions I think.

Maybe for January next year, alternative venues can easily be found on campus to substitute for the Foundry, which while exams are on, must lose a LOT of potential business, and knowing the Student Union's commercial concerns, I am sure they would look at a way to get round this, rather than risk an under-attended Climax so early in the new year. Oh, well. I wonder, also, what happened about the rumors that Climax was going to move either to the Hallam Uni Hubs or to the Leadmill? Any news we will await with interest.

Anyway, after a slow start, Climax this time mysteriously filled up at the last minute, and a good night was had by all.

Finally, on a different note, I have arranged with Gary and Simon at Club Xes to organise an informal meeting/discussion on the very pressing issue of the PIP IMPLANTS Scandal and how it affects LGBT People, particularly Transgenders. Hopefully I will be getting lots of info from Health organisations to give out to concerned people who need to know more, but the main purpose of the meeting will be for people to get together and discuss what course of action needs to be taken to deal with an issue which will affect a disproportionately large number of Trans people in particular.

The date of the meeting will beFRIDAY 27TH JANUARY, location: Club Xes, 195 Carlisle Street, Time: Start 9pm, finish around 10pm.

Dempseys is great on a Friday night x

Just a reminder, the Meeting about PIP Implants and their implications for LGBT people (Mainly Trans people) will be on TOMORROW, from 9PM, at Club Xes! Normal music, drinking and dancing (great DJ there at present) afterwards until later than any other Sheffield gay Venue!

Genuine enquiry.. deleted

Edited by pdbmn
i don't want to be identified from this post

Just a reminder, the Meeting about PIP Implants and their implications for LGBT people (Mainly Trans people) will be on TOMORROW, from 9PM, at Club Xes! Normal music, drinking and dancing (great DJ there at present) afterwards until later than any other Sheffield gay Venue!

How many turned up?

Just as quickie to say Many Thanks for all who turned up at the SHEFFIELD PRIDE FUNDRAISER at Revolucion da Cuba Bar on Mappin Street last night.

We had hundreds of people in, a lot was also raised from the raffle tickets, and we hope to see you at the next fundraiser in town, date and venue T.B.C.