The Sheffield gay scene part 2

So I have an important question. I'm asked by my dog ... which is better for karaoke ... omg or Dempseys? On the plus side of OMG they always let you sing if you put a song up and they give you a free shot for singing on the plus side of Dempseys they have a wide song choice and they have karaoke on downstairs pretty much every weekday on the downside of Dempseys they don't give you anything for singing and you may not always get your song called out it depends on the DJ and on the downside of OMG the song choices is limited and the only do karaoke on a Thursday so what are other people's experiences good or bad ?

Whenever I'm in Dempseys everybody seems to get their song called, although if there are a lot of requests you might have to wait a while before you're called, to give everybody a fair chance. I've never known them ignore anybody, which seems to be what you're implying.

Whenever I'm in Dempseys everybody seems to get their song called, although if there are a lot of requests you might have to wait a while before you're called, to give everybody a fair chance. I've never known them ignore anybody, which seems to be what you're implying.

There may be a reason lol

I was wanting to extend my Karaoke repertoire anyway .. does anybody know of any other gay friendly Karaoke venues in town ?

Still I'm looking forward to the next big highlight SHEFFIELD PRIDE

at Endcliffe PArk on Saturday July 30th !!

And of course on "the other stage" or maybe even the main stage, the incredible Tyranna will hopefully perform - I think you should do a theme on Brexit this year Tyranna !!:love::love:

:loopy: Roger123W it is blatantly obvious that you are the same person as 'Tryanna'...kudos to you for using an alternate account to promote your amateur drag business...but you lose a mark for being WAY too obvious about it :suspect:

---------- Post added 15-07-2016 at 14:08 ----------

PS..Don't you think that in 2016 the gay scene is a little beyond ''Drag queens''..I do.

Certainly they're not what most of the young gay crowd want to watch. Unless they are a triple threat...i.e. can sing live flawlessly, dance and do something else (magic/gymnastics/great comedy etc) and I'm sorry but I haven't seen one for a while that does those things......

Me and my dog are not Tyrannas publicists .. we just genuinely love her unique talent and the always entertaining show that she puts on every year ... 2012 I think the last one in Endcliffe park on the theme of Titanic was so amazing , we cannot wait to see what Tyranna will do on the return to her old stomping ground - she is way easily good enough for the main stage this year :love::love::love:

I do hope what Jamesogt hints at is certainly not the case, as OMG is now a genuinely popular venue even if it can be very empty some days midweek, and we can ill afford to lose such as slick new gay venue such as this, in a prime location and offering more variety than Dempseys does, even if the drag cabaret seems to mostly hail from London and be remote from the local audiences. At least they're trying. But Sheffield's scene cannot properly thrive on two venues alone. It needs a diversity of LGBT run venues: cocktail bars, pubs popular for groups such as lesbians, 'bears', even a place that might hold a regular fetish night. All this and more existed less than 10 years ago; for example Xes, Cossack, Affinity, Planet, etc. Yes, we do still have the Bronx Sauna or whatever it is called out in Attercliffe, but the steep prices that saunas charge are beyond the pocket of so many of us who prefer a welcoming gay venue with free entry for at least part of the night and a modest entry charge later on to ensure a venue that works for us and knows our market. Look at how many venues there are in Manchester: If Sheffield had proportionately the same number of gay venues per population it would have around five or six, including bars/pubs, clubs, a showbar and maybe even a restaurant.

Maybe the two current LGBT venues and any forthcoming future venues which may open in Sheffield should get themselves listed as ACV's (Assets Of community Value) because they are catering for a unique and often vulnerable section of the community as well as engaging in events such as fundraisers for LGBT causes and also the Gay Pride.

Anyone else agree about ACV listing being a possible solution to reviving the scene?

I'm sure you're being sincere in wanting a gay sauna that was free to enter, is welcoming, lays on as many sandwiches as we could fill our rucksacks with. But I wouldn't have thought the Saunas in Manchester offer that!

Perhaps our market includes people who want to go to a sauna that is well run, clean and well stocked. Not one over run with free loaders.

Edited by Mister M

I cannot really see the attraction of saunas to the gay community myself .... I mean most people have washing facilities at home now don't they? And would it be in all inclusive sauna featuring gay lesbian and transgender and bi ? With all the gyms about it does seem to be a bit boring to have another one where you just sit ages in a sauna and then go into a steam room sit ages possibly getting a coffee and watching something good on a tele could while away the time maybe that's the way to make new friends ..... I've never been to the Bronx has anyone been and are they dog friendly ? The last thing I would want though is a drafty place since my dog does not like the cold and is prone to curl up in a corner at the slightest chill ... is also does not like any loud or weird noises .... :-( /

I'm sure you're being sincere in wanting a gay sauna that was free to enter, is welcoming, lays on as many sandwiches as we could fill our rucksacks with. But I wouldn't have thought the Saunas in Manchester offer that!

Perhaps our market includes people who want to go to a sauna that is well run, clean and well stocked. Not one over run with free loaders.

14 pounds its the entrance fee to ' Boilerhouse' sauna former ' Bronx' what do you get for your money? Well a bit changed sauna not placed in the best part of town hard to get too 14 pounds buys quite a bit of food or part pays a bill. Sheffield is a poor city no doubt someone will dismiss that as rubbish . I say goodluck to them the last owner sold the sauna for a reason.

I certainly do appreciate tyranna artistic integrity ... what she does is not drag it's art !! And who are you anyway earth boy did I meet you and where

.. I think you are spider Pete 's alias .... how do you know I haven't got a dog or what I leave behind when I go out of a night ... really !!!

Not Sheffield but gay related Chesterfield has its Pride event at Queens Park this Sunday Facebook has details about the event happy pride.

Not long now to Sheffield Pride on Saturday which this year is held in endcliffe Park if it's half as busy as it was last weekend for Tramlines it will be really great ! Don't forget folks that the other stage kicks off at 1 p.m. and I do hope that yours and mine favourite Idol will be on the one and only tyranna !! Tyranna what time do you appear in the lineup ? Me and my dog shall be there to cheer you on ;-) can anyone post the rundown for the main stage have we got any other famous celebrities this year ??

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 10:46 ----------

Does anyone know if Pride at endcliffe Park this Saturday will be a pay entry or not ?

I believe pride is free this year.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a parade, and if so where/when? Can't seem to find the info on the website. Thanks :)