The Sheffield gay scene part 2

So Icons is full of undesirables is it Aaron LOL I have sometimes thought that myself as I sometimes go in .

Edited by Roger123W

Just a little reminder:

LES FEMMES Pre-Pride meet up, for all TV's TS's and admirers, on TONIGHT, FRIDAY 27 JUNE, at Dempseys Sheffield from 8.30pm.

I'm sure when the numbers are fully in it will see the weather blamed for a poor turnout at Dev Green. I actually didnt go as I was busy, but got told the likely numbers from 3 that went, which being pretty generous to them seems it was around 1800, but others argued it was nearer 1500. To put that into reality it is another decrease in numbers, there was from what I can remember 4000 in 2012 and 2400 was the estimate in 2013, it's not very good is it?

Not only were the numbers significantly down for the "main event", but the official after party crowd was a lot less busier than last year. This year it was at Climax, last year at 02. When I was at climax briefly last night there was no more than 100 people there, although that was at 11.30, but can't possibly see a huge uptake after 12 to make it look fantastic.

I was only there briefly because I was told to leave as I wasn't welcome, so I was barred, which I didn't think was possible from climax! But one of the committee members did indeed try to lie to the door staff, telling then that I was aggressive earlier & shouldn't be allowed in & I had an incident with the police earlier that day. I laughed. Such is life though, the door staff member did say he as happy to give me a written statement in this complete lie though. It's pretty sad really.

I think with all the drama & so on with pride committee members, I'm glad to see a continued collapse of Sheffield Pride. The numbers was down everywhere & there is nothing they can do to keep up. If there was no money last year, then what about next? Will it be karaoke next year on the main stage? Not a single name this year at Pride! My help is always there to get a little bit of funding, but at this point I think it looks likely to be withdrawn. Not to mention the same committee member room to Facebook to goad me, telling how he enjoyed getting me thrown out & having my £7, what class from the committee.

I carried on my night at T&F though and it was RAMMED upstairs and downstairs, enjoyed the night, prices & fun. Sadly the music is just not my bag though, it needs more pop & the atmosphere cranks up a little when a classic is on!

As for Dempsey's - no thoughts, hope they had a good night. I do have my issues with them, but hope all was good last night for the place that has always been there & a huge supporter of Pride.

Hope you all had a good pride regardless though.

Aaron

Icons was packed for most of the evening too.

I'm sure when the numbers are fully in it will see the weather blamed for a poor turnout at Dev Green. I actually didnt go as I was busy, but got told the likely numbers from 3 that went, which being pretty generous to them seems it was around 1800, but others argued it was nearer 1500. To put that into reality it is another decrease in numbers, there was from what I can remember 4000 in 2012 and 2400 was the estimate in 2013, it's not very good is it?

Not only were the numbers significantly down for the "main event", but the official after party crowd was a lot less busier than last year. This year it was at Climax, last year at 02. When I was at climax briefly last night there was no more than 100 people there, although that was at 11.30, but can't possibly see a huge uptake after 12 to make it look fantastic.

I was only there briefly because I was told to leave as I wasn't welcome, so I was barred, which I didn't think was possible from climax! But one of the committee members did indeed try to lie to the door staff, telling then that I was aggressive earlier & shouldn't be allowed in & I had an incident with the police earlier that day. I laughed. Such is life though, the door staff member did say he as happy to give me a written statement in this complete lie though. It's pretty sad really.

I think with all the drama & so on with pride committee members, I'm glad to see a continued collapse of Sheffield Pride. The numbers was down everywhere & there is nothing they can do to keep up. If there was no money last year, then what about next? Will it be karaoke next year on the main stage? Not a single name this year at Pride! My help is always there to get a little bit of funding, but at this point I think it looks likely to be withdrawn. Not to mention the same committee member room to Facebook to goad me, telling how he enjoyed getting me thrown out & having my £7, what class from the committee.

I carried on my night at T&F though and it was RAMMED upstairs and downstairs, enjoyed the night, prices & fun. Sadly the music is just not my bag though, it needs more pop & the atmosphere cranks up a little when a classic is on!

As for Dempsey's - no thoughts, hope they had a good night. I do have my issues with them, but hope all was good last night for the place that has always been there & a huge supporter of Pride.

Hope you all had a good pride regardless though.

Aaron

A rather pathetic carry-on.

Someone I know went to T+F and witnessed someone performing an oral sex act on another. So he won't be going there again. A classy night all round from the sounds of it, the very reason I give it all a miss.

Hi folks.

Not sure if you know this, but Peter Tatchell is giving a talk in Sheffield tonight on 'The Unfinished Battle for LGBT Rights in the UK'. Its at St. Georges Lecture Theatre (the old converted church) on Portobello / Mappin Street, and starts at 7.30pm (doors open at 7).

It is a ticketed event, but all proceeds are going to the Peter Tatchell Foundation. Tickets are £5 or £4 unwaged. You can get more details and tickets here bit.ly/PeterTatchell

There should be some tickets on the door if they don't all sell out online.

We'd love to see you all there :)

So glad I missed it all, yet again I was out of Sheffield that weekend and I am out of Sheffield again this weekend (Manchester). I am so looking forward to Leeds Pride, city centre based and it's FREE and semi famous people on stage (Nicki French my personal fav) and people from Emmerdale. Sheffield stage was full of no one I have heard of. I avoid Sheffield scene/events like the plague but I will go and see Peter Tatchell, should be good. Any Sheffield folk in Manchester this weekend come and say hi, there are normally plenty of familiar faces :)

I am so looking forward to Leeds Pride, city centre based and it's FREE and semi famous people on stage (Nicki French my personal fav) and people from Emmerdale. Sheffield stage was full of no one I have heard of. I avoid Sheffield scene/events like the plague but I will go and see Peter Tatchell, should be good. Any Sheffield folk in Manchester this weekend come and say hi, there are normally plenty of familiar faces :)

Me too, and I am sure someday Sheffield will be able to organise a great free pride similar to Leeds.

Generally I enjoyed Pride, as I had 'pride of place' lol in the Parade.

FYI, there is a SPECIAL CHARITY event with Drag Cabaret and other entertainers to raise funds for MACMILLAN NURSES Cancer Care Charity, on THIS SATURDAY NIGHT (5th JULY) AT ICONS. There will also be a hot buffet and raffles with BIG prizes!:love:

Me too, and I am sure someday Sheffield will be able to organise a great free pride similar to Leeds.

Generally I enjoyed Pride, as I had 'pride of place' lol in the Parade.

FYI, there is a SPECIAL CHARITY event with Drag Cabaret and other entertainers to raise funds for MACMILLAN NURSES Cancer Care Charity, on THIS SATURDAY NIGHT (5th JULY) AT ICONS. There will also be a hot buffet and raffles with BIG prizes!:love:

I will be in Manchester that day but I wish everyone the very best in their fundraiser, great idea and cause. x