The Sheffield gay scene part 2

Climax is nowhere near one of the best gay nights in the north. It's exactly the same every month, there is no variance at all. The place might be busy, in a good location and full of decent sercurity staff, but the event is getting worse.

The drink variety is terrible and the music is exactly the same every month.

Hi guys sorry to take over your thread but after reading all this about no Gay bars etc i really dont feel this is right at all.At the moment i organise ladies events shall we say with Drag artistes etc so what im proposing is a Gay event everymonth what do you think? If so what would you like there a band,drag plus good music to dance the night away pls get in touch to chat further or add me on facebook sarah fairest barlow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Climax is nowhere near one of the best gay nights in the north. It's exactly the same every month, there is no variance at all. The place might be busy, in a good location and full of decent sercurity staff, but the event is getting worse.

Would you care to tell me what gay scene events in the North are better than Climax then, as Id like to go to them? :roll:

... I never said Climax was perfect and good for everyone, I said it was the pick of the bunch of whats going at the moment, in comparison to other events.

There are as many reasons why people would want to go to gay venues as there are LGBT people in Sheffield. One of the main is safety/security. Many gay people find it is safer to express themselves within a gay venue.

I understand what you are saying, but if someone only feels safe/secure and able to express themselves in a gay venue I don't know how they cope with life generally when 99.99% of the time they won't be in a gay venue.

I have to say too, that I've seen just as many (if not more) fights/arguments in gay venues as I have in straight ones, so I'm not sure about the safety/security aspect.

LOL I agree. I haven't been for months and I don't want to go on Friday.

i think you should all see the light and be heterosexual anyway, its the way god intended it to be!!!!

Hi guys sorry to take over your thread but after reading all this about no Gay bars etc i really dont feel this is right at all.At the moment i organise ladies events shall we say with Drag artistes etc so what im proposing is a Gay event everymonth what do you think? If so what would you like there a band,drag plus good music to dance the night away pls get in touch to chat further or add me on facebook sarah fairest barlow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We want something different to whats already there, eg no drag, and Kylie music.

Get the Everly Pregnant Brothers on, bound to go down a storm :)

i think you should all see the light and be heterosexual anyway, its the way god intended it to be!!!!

How do you know, for all we know God could have been a closet queen and kept it quiet :P :P

Hi SpiderPete thankyou for that tip i am in the process of speaking to the Everly Pregnant Brothers as we speak any more tips would be greatly appreciated.Hope to speak to you soon xxxx

It's never really the venue rather people that you seek out socially. Climax tends to appeal because it's a broad mix, but this is not for everyone, nothing is. Glad to see some debate and some other suggestions for how Sheffield can move forward. It'd be good to see some cabaret and burlesque out there, rather than a drag focus!

And don't forget, you professionals, to check out the LGBT professional network group out of office. 11/11/10 from 5.30pm at the forum

Out of Office the LGBT professional network in and around Sheffield

http://Www.sheffield-outofoffice.co.uk-register now for free online

Would you care to tell me what gay scene events in the North are better than Climax then, as Id like to go to them? :roll:

... I never said Climax was perfect and good for everyone, I said it was the pick of the bunch of whats going at the moment, in comparison to other events.

Everywhere is better than Climax. Going to Manchester, Leeds or Birmingham.

Like I said there is no variance. It's the same music apart from adding the odd new song that has just been released.

And people say people are coming from far away... No they're not. It's the same people and the odd person from the surrounding areas. Not to mention the terrible drink variance. The lager is flat, there is no shots and the alcopops that are on offer aren't the ones you want.

I will probably go on Friday, but I no longer look foward to going. A year+ ago I used to look foward to it, but now it's meh. same thing, every month.