The Sheffield gay scene part 2

Really what? No business worth their salt mysteriously closes for over a week and only then puts something on Facebook.

I'm totally agreeing with u. Much more to the mysterious closure I think.

Hello Folks! Just to remind you of the equal Marriage Fair at the Town Hall 29th March from 11.00am to 3.00pm. The day that equal marriage becomes legal. To celebrate we are having a day full of entertainment, Food, stalls and information on same sex marriage and It's FREE !! for more information or if you would like to have a stall call 2039420

---------- Post added 22-02-2014 at 20:06 ----------

Hello Folks! Just to remind you of the equal Marriage Fair at the Town Hall 29th March from 11.00am to 3.00pm. The day that equal marriage becomes legal. To celebrate we are having a day full of entertainment, Food, stalls and information on same sex marriage and It's FREE !! for more information or if you would like to have a stall call 2039420

So far I've learnt that gossips is rubbish so definitely will not be going from the reports I've heard...

I CONS not really heard much of it apart from the people let in and one of the door staff can't keep control of his hands with the women...

DEMPSEYS all the way for me, bar staff - polite, good service and nice to chat to.

the bouncers are polite on arrival, help where ever needed and let's face it keep the idiots out and keep the people inside safe ( I know there is alot of them but I would rather feel safe than not) the door staff don't get enough credit people always see the bad in them because of one jumped up little turd causing trouble but they have to protect them selves and others around not only that they go above and beyond there job to help people who have hurt themselves or had way too much to drink, so well done to Colin and the other guy for having such a good set of staff

Good that you are selling Fruli Dan but its mega expensive not all of us can splash that money on beer :-S How about a choice of cheaper drinks also ?

;-)

Its not mega expensive at all, £5 is the going rate for Frulli.... proper Frulli drinkers dont mind paying that amount of money, I am guessing you are not a Frulli drinker :P

So far I've learnt that gossips is rubbish so definitely will not be going from the reports I've heard...

I CONS not really heard much of it apart from the people let in and one of the door staff can't keep control of his hands with the women...

DEMPSEYS all the way for me, bar staff - polite, good service and nice to chat to.

the bouncers are polite on arrival, help where ever needed and let's face it keep the idiots out and keep the people inside safe ( I know there is alot of them but I would rather feel safe than not) the door staff don't get enough credit people always see the bad in them because of one jumped up little turd causing trouble but they have to protect them selves and others around not only that they go above and beyond there job to help people who have hurt themselves or had way too much to drink, so well done to Colin and the other guy for having such a good set of staff

I can't help but feel that you are being hypocritical with what you're saying there. The roll of the Door Supervisor is to maintain the safety of the staff, customers and building. The only time a Door Supervisor should touch anyone is when removing them from the premises. The only time any of our Door Supervisors have placed their hands on women have been in these situations, and the vast majority of the time the issues are arguments between customers, there are resolved by the Door Supervisors (where possible) and the people are allowed to continue their night under a watchful eye. We have not had any major incidents during the time we have been open, and we frequently receive very good feedback about the Door Supervisors and the rest of the staff. As for the 'people we let it', I'm not quite sure what you're getting at? Out clientele is predominantly LGBT, and any straight people who come in are mostly the friends of staff. Rather than hearing everything second hand, why not come in and give us a try to decide for yourself?

I'm not been hypocritical I'm just clearly putting from what I have heard from friends or over heard, so everybody can't be lying if there saying the same thing.

This site is all about opinions and I'm intitled to one aren't i????

Can I not put where I would rather go???

Can I not praise dempseys staff for providing good service???

I'm not the one for trying anything new, I've only been going to dempseys a few years since coming out and only go out once a month and I just feel happy there and happy with the service..

So thank you for the offer but I will refuse I will not put myself in a position where I don't feel comfortable.

I'm not been hypocritical I'm just clearly putting from what I have heard from friends or over heard, so everybody can't be lying if there saying the same thing.

This site is all about opinions and I'm intitled to one aren't i????

Can I not put where I would rather go???

Can I not praise dempseys staff for providing good service???

I'm not the one for trying anything new, I've only been going to dempseys a few years since coming out and only go out once a month and I just feel happy there and happy with the service..

So thank you for the offer but I will refuse I will not put myself in a position where I don't feel comfortable.

I have been to Icons alot and I have never felt "uncomfortable" at all, and I have been at different times during the evening.

You should give it a try instead of listening to "other people", but thats you choice, the drinks are much cheaper in Icons than in Demps as well :)

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 12:16 ----------

As other people have said, that's the going rate for Fruli, in fact it's the cheapest on West Street, other places charge up to £5.80.

Which place charges £5.80 ?... I dont think I have been to that one. Need to add it to my Frulli pub list :)

Wick at Both Ends on West Street is also £5, but you will be lucky to sit anywhere, place is always busy.

Like I said before I'm intitled to an opinion same as everybody else as put on here, some people just prefer to stick to one place because of been comfortable and feeling safe not been funny but how many anti gay people out, your telling me two door staff can keep a nightclub safe, rather be somewhere like dempseys with the amount of door staff there.. But that's just my opinion

Maybe the amount of doorstaff Dempseys has is reflective of the clientele?

Just saying...

How's it reflective of clientele?

I would have thought that was rather obvious. Never mind.

This is quite a ridiculous debate. Two different establishments, with appropriate security staff for the venue. Don't pass judgement unless you first hand experience.