The Sheffield gay scene part 2

...Just a little update on Sanctuary, just to put peoples minds at rest: From speaking to a manager I heard that:

It Will STILL be a Gay-Friendly venue as before when it re-opens.

Phew, thats a relief.

Any ideas where older gay men go for a drink etc, 40+.

Any gay venue is OK for older men, but personally I would say that Affinity has always been the favourite among the older crowd; unlike some other places such as Lions Lair, many of those who have worked there since it opened are of older age group as well.

Hi Ive read this post/posts for a while and I dont understand the problem with gay clubs-not that I knew there was many in sheffield until my friends hen do. Her brother came and we went to dempseys and I think it it is one of thr friendlist placest ever! if ya dont want to go dont go, in my opinion I think 'straight' clubs should welcome gay people just like gay clubs welcome straight people (that make sense :huh:)

and just to let you guys know the lads I met in dempsey know how to move on the dance floor!

and just to let you guys know the lads I met in dempsey know how to move on the dance floor!

all gay people are fabulous dancers

Just a reminder tonight, Friday 13 August: It's Gary the Manager's Birthday at Club Xes, and a buffet will be available, so no need even to stuff yourself before going out!

See you all there!

Went to the new Affinity last night and it seems to have a much friendlier atmosphere, and a very stripey new carpet!! Also Ed (from Sanctuary) was on the door - always nice to see a frendly face outside.

It would be really nice if there was some gay groups or socials that have nothing to do with pubs/booze/clubs/sex.

No really -- Is there any way to mix with gay men where pulling isn't on the menu?

Affinity will be a lot better place now they have new management.

Everywhere needs a clean up unfortunately. Even Climax is getting very boring.

What we need a is a huge drag bar ?

what we need is a Drag racing pub