The Sheffield gay scene part 2

Not long now to Sheffield Pride on Saturday which this year is held in endcliffe Park if it's half as busy as it was last weekend for Tramlines it will be really great !

---------- Post added 28-07-2016 at 10:46 ----------

[/color]Does anyone know if Pride at endcliffe Park this Saturday will be a pay entry or not ?

Its free. And you can bring alcohol as long as it is not in glass.

Tramlines attracts circa 65,000. Half of that is 32,500. Pride attracts about 4k. Bad news.

Its free. And you can bring alcohol as long as it is not in glass.

Tramlines attracts circa 65,000. Half of that is 32,500. Pride attracts about 4k. Bad news.

How many LGBT+ people do you think there are in Sheffield? Now subtract those who aren't 'out' in public, then subtract those who don't like Pride events, or have something else they have to do at the time. I'm not sure what your point is.

Not bad in the end, spoiled only slightly by the Christian fundies turning up to shout through megaphones about our sins. Pride could do with some entertainment that appeals to broader tastes and isn't so stereotypically 'queer'. Gary Barlow tribute acts really aren't my thing.

I thought it was a great day at Pride, great weather, some great acts on the main stage in particular Smiling Ivy and that Gary Barlow soundalike whop really got the audience going , loads of colour , fun and laid back people relaxing on the grass, my dog had to pick its way around them ... and last but not least the amazing acts on T'other stage in particular that act who sung Life on Mars and of course not forgetting the one and only unique , colourful, internationally talented local artiste Tyranna who was quite the liveliest thing that I saw all day !!

---------- Post added 02-08-2016 at 01:08 ----------

love::love::love::love:

:love::love:

I did not make the Climax After party as I had to walk my dog so I missed Tyrannas karaoke session which is a shame ... and I understand that Dempseys was packed to the rafters too so all in all a good day and night ! Hope its in Endcliffe Park again next year ;-)

Edited by Roger123W
update

So local Prides ... we have had Wakefield pride last Sunday , and just a reminder that its Doncaster pride tomorrow ,,, and a certain famous local international celebrities birthday :-O So I am sure that there will be a special show in OMG/Desmpeys tomorrow night :-)

and a certain famous local international celebrities birthday :-O So I am sure that there will be a special show in OMG/Desmpeys tomorrow night :-)

Thank you for the warning. We all now know to avoid OMG and Dempseys tomorrow.

Thank you for the warning. We all now know to avoid OMG and Dempseys tomorrow.

Well said. How is he an international celebrity. Didn't he take the hint when Simon Cowell told him he was rubbish.

Does Shef Uni still do the Climax night every month, does anyone know? It's years since I last went & I can't find out anywhere on the net what night of the month it's held on.

Yes, it is. Thank you. & I can't see anywhere on there where it tells you what night it is held evey month. There is nothing under the events tab & it only seems to show past events, not future events. The next one I can see is the Xmas Glitterbal party, which isn't exactly a regular club night.

Do they not do a regular monthly club night anymore, then? I'm sure when I last went it was the 3rd friday of each month.

Yes, it is. Thank you. & I can't see anywhere on there where it tells you what night it is held evey month. There is nothing under the events tab & it only seems to show past events, not future events. The next one I can see is the Xmas Glitterbal party, which isn't exactly a regular club night.

Do they not do a regular monthly club night anymore, then? I'm sure when I last went it was the 3rd friday of each month.

Climax is still usually on the third Friday, but this isn't guaranteed. Sometimes it's on a different Friday, -presumably for scheduling reasons, to avoid clashes with other events at the Students Union.

They don't advertise it very well and it's often difficult to find out when it is. It might be on next Friday, 20 November, (the third Friday) but that's just a guess. There's nothing online anywhere to confirm it.

Looks like they will skip November, and just have Glitterball on the 16th December.

Edited by jamesogt