The Sheffield gay scene part 2

Went past OMG yesterday, its quite a big venue in probably the best place a gay club has ever been.

Why did it take so many failed attempts in crap locations to realise I wonder? Since these guys are running a successful clubs in other locations at least there is a good chance they know what they are doing. Fingers crossed.

Since these guys are running a successful clubs in other locations at least there is a good chance they know what they are doing. Fingers crossed.

How do you know they are successful?

Cus they are still running and expanding into new cities?

Do you know how long they have been running ?

I hope they last longer than Twist which I believe started in Feb 2013 and somehow managed to close just before the Christmas period of Dec 2013 !!!:roll:

The Companies House check of the parent company and director is interesting.

The Companies House check of the parent company and director is interesting.

Why on earth would you look at that? Its the usual thing, its not even open yet and you are looking for reasons to bitch about it and hate on it.

No doubt we'll get the exact gay Sheffield response we have had to every place that's opened. Bitch about how **** it is till it closes. Then bitch there is no where to go.

If you want a scene, you have to support it.

Why on earth would you look at that? Its the usual thing, its not even open yet and you are looking for reasons to bitch about it and hate on it.

No doubt we'll get the exact gay Sheffield response we have had to every place that's opened. Bitch about how **** it is till it closes. Then bitch there is no where to go.

If you want a scene, you have to support it.

I didn't say anything negative about it, just wondered where your previous unfounded claims came from.

In its favour is its central location comparative to any others that have tried. It will be interesting to see how the mix of Gay/straight is managed for what is a much bigger venue than we have had before.

Edited by jamesogt

Sheffield Pride

15 hrs ·

Dear Sheffield

It is with heavy hearts that the current management team of Sheffield Pride has to say goodbye.

Having been running Pride for the last 4 years, we've spent a lot of time and effort putting on events, but the time has come for us to move onto other projects.

We are hopeful that one of the other LGBT groups in Sheffield will take up the mantle - the facebook and twitter accounts and website will be ready and waiting for you!

If any other LGBT group or group of individuals does want to take on running the event, please do get in touch and we will arrange to hand things over.

We would like to thank all those that have supported us over the years. Members of the community, our volunteers, our partners and sponsors and other local organisations, without whom none of these events would have been possible.

All the best

Sheffield Pride

Hi :)

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post.

I've just moved into sheffield from a small village and I'm wanting to get out there. Whats the gay scene like in sheffield? (I only know of dempseys)

I also know pretty much zero people and hope to be making new friends too, but thats a question to be directed elsewhere I guess :)

Hi :)

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post.

I've just moved into sheffield from a small village and I'm wanting to get out there. Whats the gay scene like in sheffield? (I only know of dempseys)

I also know pretty much zero people and hope to be making new friends too, but thats a question to be directed elsewhere I guess :)

The bold is the only gay place in Sheffield, OMG is opening up at Halloween.