The Sheffield gay scene part 2

I dunno, why can't Sheffield get it right when it comes to gay clubs

I dunno, why can't Sheffield get it right when it comes to gay clubs

That is a questions no one can seem to answer.

Another question - why wont the gay pubs all work together, but we know that will never happen.

Lets see what Twist/Fuel bring to the area.

Icons are trying something new in draught beer, upstairs is going to be open during early evenings as well, with another pool table up there.

They have a quiz nights on a Wednesday. (something new)

But I am sure people still wont be happy, they never are.

But then what is the ideal pub/club ? what does everyone want ? what is it that is making people go futher afield ? why dont they support the gay scene ? (it wont grow if they dont support). Is it the pubs decor putting them off ?, lack of atmosphere ? drink prices ? door charges ? pubs too far apart ?

I keep seeing adverts on facebook for 4play at Gossips tonight, its says they've got DJ's from some of my favourite clubs down south (Heaven etc) but no where does it say who they are. Does anyone know?

4play was great; lots also happening on the scene in general now; our Wedding Fair at Icons today went well despite the weather and the demo for Human Rights for LGBTS in Russia at Barkers Pool yesterday was well attended! Thanks!

4play was great; lots also happening on the scene in general now; our Wedding Fair at Icons today went well despite the weather and the demo for Human Rights for LGBTS in Russia at Barkers Pool yesterday was well attended! Thanks!

Just want to say that I popped in briefly yesterday with my dog to the wedding fair at Icons and it was a brilliant success - loads of stalls and promos and handouts. It was fairly well attended considering the horrible day weather wise that was in it. Tyranna did a great job organising it :love: and I do hope there will be another one soon !!

Just want to say that I popped in briefly yesterday with my dog to the wedding fair at Icons and it was a brilliant success - loads of stalls and promos and handouts. It was fairly well attended considering the horrible day weather wise that was in it. Tyranna did a great job organising it :love: and I do hope there will be another one soon !!

It is always best to check facts before posting :P

Well while it is sad to see Affinity go I will not be too sorry - yes towards the last 12 months it has been freezing in there and I cannot wait to see how the new FUEL turns out.

It is also an interesting observation to make that places like Icons and Dempseys that let Tia Anna perform :love: are thriving as they support diversity on the gay scene whereas a place like Affinity which in the past has banned Tia Anna and would not let her perform on the closing night, has gone to the wall anyway ..... interesting !! :roll:

Affinity DID, in fact have me performing several times over the years, albeit sporadically, and kind of taking advantage of me doing unpaid (Except for the odd free drink) slots for charrity events and the like, although the really appreciative audience at each of my performances really made up for the lack of pay lol.

True to form, I performed a couple fo songs right at the end of the closing party,a t 3am to an appreciative audience of around 40, for which I realy need to thank DEAN in securing me that spot, in spite of the drag DJ Toni confusing the backing-track of my second song with a song I didnt know, and me not being able to hear the backign track properly due to the noise of the audience lol.

Really looking forward to FUEL, and needless to say I've applied for work with them; so I've been told, the opening date is in march, but which date I dont know. I WILL keep you all posted, though!

Finally, as its LGBT History Month, the University of Sheffield LGBT Society are doing a LOT of events for this week and next; films, debates, etc.

If you like listening to radio online, there is also an interview on BBC Radio 4 with the famous author ARMISTEAD MAUPIN on his final book in the Tales of the City series: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01s2b2l Enjoy!:love:

Was the 4play event well attended then?

With how long this T&F place has took to set up, I suspect that it might be some bar. I would assume that anyway, doesn't seem they are rushing it through with regards to development, etc.

Was the 4play event well attended then?

With how long this T&F place has took to set up, I suspect that it might be some bar. I would assume that anyway, doesn't seem they are rushing it through with regards to development, etc.

4play was fun, plenty of people in through the night.

Twist And Fuel is much anticipated; it will be a 2-floor affair with a dancefloor and bar upstairs and another bar downstairs. the latest I have heard is that Fuel/Twist will be opening 'in March'.:love:

5 of us went to gossips last night to find it was closed due to maintenance issues. Nothing mentioned on their Facebook page to warn us. Won't bother next time.

5 of us went to gossips last night to find it was closed due to maintenance issues. Nothing mentioned on their Facebook page to warn us. Won't bother next time.

Been closed all weekend, the manager is on holiday and he didn't know it was going to be closed, they didn't even tell the bar staff allegedly.

It has done nothing since it opened......

We haven't heard anything up here about Gossips either. I hope the maintenance isn't anything too bad. There's nothing worse than a flood or something breaking down to disrupt trade