The Sheffield gay scene part 2

For those looking for something a bit different on the scene, The Canary Club is returning to Icons on the Friday 21st of Feb. It's a night of electro-swing music hosted on the top floor of Icons, which will be candle lit and have some special additions to the decor for the night. More details below, hope to see you there :-)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CanaryClubSheffield

The Canary Club returns to bring you an awesome night of decadent Electro-swing, pure and unadulterated!

Hosted at Icons Sheffield (Top Floor), expect a great atmosphere, awesome drinks, and memorable music!!

FREE ENTRY all night! - open 10.30pm-3am

***Icons Sheffield***

Icons is West St’s newest attitude free venue, split across two floors and open into the small hours.

Canary Club will be hosted on the top floor of Icons, with downstairs open to all playing 80s,90s, and 00s favourites.

Icons Bar and Nightclub

54 West St

Sheffield

S1 4EP

(next to City Hall Tram Stop)

***Drinks Offers***

Stella & Budweiser – 2 for £5

Smirnoff Ice 2 for £5

WKDs – 2 for £5

Jaeger Bombs 2 for £5

Selected Shots – 4 for £5

Premium Spirit + Mixer £2.70 (Double +£1)

Extensive Premium Cocktail List

Selection of draught, inc. real ale.

***Electro-Swing***

Electro swing is a musical genre fusing swing styles with contemporary production techniques including house, hip hop, EDM and more.

Contemporary artists of the genre incorporate loops, samples, melodies and styles from the swing, jazz and big band era such as Django Reinhardt, Cab Calloway and Benny Goodman to create new more club friendly and accessible sounds.

***DJ Samuel Luke***

Samuel Luke is a familiar face on the Sheffield scene, having held residencies at a number of venues across the city. For Canary Club he brings his unique ability in combining instantly recognizable and loved tracks with bang up-to-date beats to create an uplifting dance and sing-out-loud sound!

Expect to hear the likes of Cab Calloway, Louise Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and Roy ‘Little Jazz’ Eldrige with mixes from Parov Stelar, Grant Lazlo, Swing Republic and Minimatic.

Just bumping this thread up to say don't forget tomorrow night Sat 1st Feb is Affinitys BIG CLOSING PARTY with loads of drink, dance, fun and some great drag queens - a sad goobye to a stalwart of the gay scene over the last 5 years in Sheffield it promises to be a good night for all !!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by Roger123W

It was never a stalwart - peripheral at best.

I have to agree here with you.

I cannot wait for it to open as Mullberry tavern, already has better choices of drinks and you never know we might get some heating now.

I have to agree here with you.

I cannot wait for it to open as Mullberry tavern, already has better choices of drinks and you never know we might get some heating now.

Heating doesn't top most peoples list at the moment it seems ;)

Heating doesn't top most peoples list at the moment it seems ;)

Haha, some with experience of one of our newer venues. Luckily Summer isn't too far away .............or maybe a new themed night of "Bring your own CAMPer Stove".:D

Well while it is sad to see Affinity go I will not be too sorry - yes towards the last 12 months it has been freezing in there and the choice of beer has been dire and I cannot wait to see how the new Boardwalk turns out.

It is also an interesting observation to make that places like Icons and Dempseys that let Tia Anna perform :love: are thriving as they support diversity on the gay scene whereas a place like Affinity which in the past has banned Tia Anna and would not let her perform on the closing night, has gone to the wall anyway ..... interesting !! :roll:

Anyone know what Gossips is like? Keep trawling the net to see if there's any pictures of the place so know what to expect, is it a good night or too early to say?

Edited by 367squadron

Anyone know what Gaossips is like? Keep trawling the net to see if there's any pictures of the place so know what to expect, is it a good night or too early to say?

Try page 56....

This event is also gay friendly...

♥ TEMPTATION CLUB NIGHTS PROUDLY PRESENTS ♥

"THE LAUNCH NIGHT"

WE ARE A NEW CLUBBING BRAND THAT AIMS TO PROVIDE SOPHISTICATED HOUSE MUSIC, CHEAP DRINKS, FRIENDLY STAFF AND UPCOMING LOCAL QUALITY DJS!

♬ MUSIC POLICY - DEEP / FUNKY HOUSE ♬

♬ DJS ON THE NIGHT ♬

- DJ PEARCY [[ TEMPTATION ]]

- DANNY BLAZE [[ HIJACKED RECORDS ]]

- AARON NORTH [[ MUSIK ABUSE ]]

- DJ SAMUEL LUKE [[ CANARY CLUB ]]

♥ DRINKS OFFERS ♥

✔ £2 PINTS (BECKS, STELLA, BUDWEISER AND GUINNESS)

✔ 3 FOR £5 BOTTLES (SOL, BECKS AND VS)

✔ £1 SHOTS

✔ £2.50 SPIRIT AND MIXER

✔ FREE ENTRY ALL NIGHT

STUDENTS WELCOME // DRESS TO IMPRESS

Facebook event CLICK HERE

Anyone know what Gossips is like? Keep trawling the net to see if there's any pictures of the place so know what to expect, is it a good night or too early to say?

The people who have been have not had good reviews.

Not sure if things have improved since, I might try it this weekend.

I am sure I will post my comments of the night.