The Sheffield gay scene part 2

Didn't dempseys have there fundraising night a week earlier so they didn't effect affinitys night ?

Didn't dempseys have there fundraising night a week earlier so they didn't effect affinitys night ?

No idea to be honest, I wonder if they raised a fair amount

I went to Dempsey's on Friday and the general feeling from people that attended the other gay night (gay in the attic?) was that it was rubbish. I'm kind of glad I didn't go now, was contemplating it for a little while.

How is Affinity getting on? I haven't been in for about a month and it has been dead everytime. I was talking to someone who said they was bringing iCandy to Affinity and something else, doesn't seem to be much movement?

Also what are everyone's NYE plans? I think I'm going to go to Manchester, but I say it every year and end up in Dempsey's everytime. I most definitely don't want to be there this time!

Climax at the weekend too! I love the Xmas edition :D :D

We're going to Manchester after many years in Sheff for NYE - definitely need a change!!

I went to Dempsey's on Friday and the general feeling from people that attended the other gay night (gay in the attic?) was that it was rubbish. I'm kind of glad I didn't go now, was contemplating it for a little while.

At least they have the sense to post pictures to their group that make it look busy, unlike some others that seem to think showing an empty bar might make people go!

From Facebook at least it looks they are getting a decent crowd. A lot of the same faces though you would probably see at Dempseys later on.

I will be in London for NYE ths yr. :D

lions dont take racism anywhere, its the trashy clientelle.

We're going to Manchester after many years in Sheff for NYE - definitely need a change!!

I am staying away for a quiet family Christmas with my parents; also visiting a cousin; to my knowledge there is no specific drag cabaret on at any of the Sheffield gay venues over NYE or at any other date; there is a drag queen at Affinity, but she is mainly a drag DJ rather than doing shows.

There is a drag 'Extravaganza' on at THE EMBASSY, on Mansfield Road (near Intake, a 10-15 minute cab ride from the city centre), on 28th January, and you should be able to see Penny Change perform, as well as a few other guest drag artistes. From what I remember the admission is £10, should be a good night of entertainment.:hihi::love:

A Happy New Year to everybody!

I'm off to the first I-Candy of the New Year at Groove, Chesterfield, tonight, Dan Walker as usual spinning all the best sounds, and if you get the last train back from Chesterfield to Sheffield at 00.58, you might also be able to just get in to Dempseys, as long as you have your membership (Members only after a certain time at night).

Remember also SHOUT Centre is back tomorrow (Thursday), see their website gaysheffield.co.uk for details

P. S. I noticed that some venues such as the Rude Shipyard are doing special dinners for BURNS NIGHT. As a poetry fan myself, would anyone be interested in a gay group going to one of these; maybe Out Of Office might be interested, although it would have to be a group for all comers as many of us are not members of Out of Office.

P. S. I noticed that some venues such as the Rude Shipyard are doing special dinners for BURNS NIGHT. As a poetry fan myself, would anyone be interested in a gay group going to one of these; maybe Out Of Office might be interested, although it would have to be a group for all comers as many of us are not members of Out of Office.

That is good Tyranna - I am interested in poetry myself and I live quite near the Rude ... I think I shall definitely go along - will you be doing recitals also? I looked you up on YouTube and was entralled with your Hell is a Railway rendition in a pub !