The Sheffield gay scene part 2

its still the same people on here trying to slag venues off as it was 3yrs ago when i opened fab same silly little boys who sit on here day in day out 4k is easily made in a bar ive been in the trade over 30 yrs

Cheers Adam, yeah I have chosen to ignore said little boy. I think we all realise what he is about.

Graham

Hi All,

I know this thread isn't for advertising, but in the case of a Pride fund raiser, I've chose to make an exception!

This Sunday, we at Le Lair are putting on an afternoon BBQ to raise money for Sheffield Pride. It starts at 1pm at Lions, and continues on throughout the night, although the food is just at lunchtime. All profits on the food go to them, it's £5 in which covers all your food - so we should be able to make them a reasonable amount of money. John Dixon, our resident DJ, is spinning some old school funky house for the afternoon - lets just hope the heat wave continues!

The details are on the facebook event here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=229785097047281

Before anyone starts stating it, yes we will make money on the bar, but we have all the costs of the event to incur, like staff, venue, electric, clean up etc!

So if you can, get down and join in the fun!

Cheers

Graham

Hi All,

I know this thread isn't for advertising

never stopped you before

I'm coming out and I'm an author too.

Hi, Scaramouche, welcome on board. I'm an author too; i am currently writing a hilarious gay comedy thriller; I am also organising a gay Arts Festival in Sheffield in september, and the events will include a writing workshop, poetry evening and hopefully other gay literature events.

I heard an advertisement on real radio for Leeds Pride, look Leeds organiser have got there act together! ... take not Sheffield Pride organisers

Heyup, if you want to pay for an advert I'm sure they'll grab your hands off. Find out how much they cost and that will put you off I'm sure. Times are hard.

i am currently writing a hilarious gay comedy thriller

Your autobiography ?

Has anyone else noticed that Browns (old Ha Ha) is now the hang out for Sheffields

'A Gays'?

The terrace was full of them last night!

Sheffields 'A Gays'?

LOL - who would they be, the ones with jobs ?

With so many views so readily shared, Out of Office are holding a debate tomorrow night at 6.45pm at the Adelphi Room at Crucible.

Destination:Sheffield? Is looking at our city, and what we have to offer, taking from an outside in perspective. What does Sheffield have to offer? What aspects of the city deserve wider recognition? Arts, sports, social events, services to the community, all aspects of the city are up for consideration as we ask whether Sheffield sells itself short with regards to national recognition, or whether the city needs to improve to join it's city counterparts on a national platform.

So join us tomorrow as we discuss all things Sheffield. Destination city, or work in progress. You help us decide, and highlight the pros and cons of our city!

Destination Sheffield? With Sheffield Out of Office

Thursday 7th July 2011 from 6:45pm at the Adelphi Room, Crucible Theatre