The Sheffield gay scene part 2

We do indeed have the beer garden still, it's not on the roof though! It's small ish, probably 4mx8m, but very private. We are in talks with the Heineken brewery for them to part-fund the refurb of the beer garden under one of their brands, like Bulmers.

I think that you misunderstood me, the roof garden was Kath and Frank's private space.

What is wrong with someone thinking a former licencee he knew would be suprised to find out his old pub is now a gay bar?.

I would be interested to know why you find that fact offensive.

I have it on very good authority that our previous residence is now owned by a SUFC supporter, now that is offensive.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I have it on very good authority that our previous residence is now owned by a SUFC supporter, now that is offensive.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I hope he re-decorated.:D:D..

What is wrong with someone thinking a former licencee he knew would be suprised to find out his old pub is now a gay bar?.

I would be interested to know why you find that fact offensive.

Have I said I was offended?

Do you think I am offended because I used the word homophobic?

I was just interested in Crookesey's motivation for making the original comment in the manner it was written.

Please note I have refrained from making comments about people, that I think I have learned by reading this thread.

Edited by PINGU

I hope he re-decorated.:D:D..

It was 35 years ago, but now you mention it, the kitchen was one of those blue and white Hygena, state of the art, supposedly fitted models. ;)

I was just interested in Crookesey's motivation for making the original comment in the manner it was written.

Please note I have refrained from making comments about people, that think I have learned by reading this thread.

A translation into English would benefit your post immensely. :huh:

Please note I have refrained from making comments about people, that I think I have learned by reading this thread.

So you are not offended.

Do you think it homophobic to be suprised a pub has turned into a gay pub?.

What manner do you think Crookesey was posting in?.

I can remember the first time I found out it was a gay pub and was suprised do you find anything wrong in that?.

So you are not offended.

Do you think it homophobic to be suprised a pub has turned into a gay pub?.

What manner do you think Crookesey was posting in?.

I can remember the first time I found out it was a gay pub and was suprised do you find anything wrong in that?.

No I am not offended.

To your first question - That's the question I'm asking Crookesey.

To your second question - I'm not sure what manner Crookesyey was posting, that's why I'm asking.

To your third question - No I am not surprised by that.

I'm always surprised when any venue becomes a gay venue in Sheffield.

Edited by PINGU

Everyone,

Just to remind you about Out of Office, the LGBT Professionals Network run and operated here in the city.

We are putting together our programme of events to carry us through the summer into the Autumn. We can confirm we will be supporting Sheffield Pride and will be on hand to discuss Out of Office with anyone there, and we will be organising a Sheffield delegation heading up to Doncaster Pride on 20th August.

Our next event will be at the Studio Theatre at the Crucible on 23rd June to see the production of The Pride. Visit our website or our facebook page for more information and to RSVP or confirm your attendance. With tickets at £1, Out of Office members will be in for a great value night of entertainment.

We have also today launched registration to take part in our first LGBT Census in Sheffield. Must is said of the LGBT community, fairly, unjustly and unkindly at times. We want to compile a picture of LGBT people in the city, their lifestyles, their views on services available, and their aspirations for the city including the scene. Please register to get your unique code to complete the census form when we launch it in a couple of weeks, as this is a unique opportunity to get a broad set of views on our city.

www.sheffield-outofoffice.co.uk Out of Office- The LGBT Network for professionals in and around Sheffield

I think that you misunderstood me, the roof garden was Kath and Frank's private space.

Oooo I get you! *penny drops* - Yes that's mine now, although it's currently storing various rubbish and old furniture ready for the skip!

Revolution is on this Friday at Plug if anyone fancies somethinmg new, Admission is just £3 in Sunglasses and £1 from every payee still goes to Gay Pride........Remember drinks are just £1.50........

For our July 1st event we have something very very big to announce........

I hope you can get yourselves out guys and support not only a fresh new LGBT event in Sheffield but also Gay Pride......

The afterparty as always is at Lions Lair and there is free entry if you pick up one of the brand new flyers for the July event from Plug. We hope you like who is on the front........

So have you ever been in a relationship and suspected your partner might be playing away from home? If yes how have you went about it?

I don't think I'd solve it by hiring people to throw themselves at my partner.