The Sheffield gay scene part 2

You simply don't know what you're talking about Aaron. I do hope I never have the misfortune of meeting you.

You simply don't know what you're talking about Aaron. I do hope I never have the misfortune of meeting you.

It seems you have no idea what you're talking about.

"thousands a week"

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

The LL gay crowd is pretty much similar to what it is every weekend.

The same could be said for Dempseys, everytime I go there its the same old faces, and young faces, and the same can be said of Affinity when I have been there, each gay venue seems to attract the same faces, I am not sure why you seem to pick in Lions Lair only. :loopy::loopy:

T.I.C UK - that is utterly ridiculous! I can understand to a certain degree a private investigator - seeing if someone is actually currently cheating. But to entrap them with a 'honey pot' is absurd, and horrible. I would dispute that 'everyone is happy'!!

That is your opinion. by all accounts you are entittles to it , but one it aint a honey pot, its a honey trap. a name given by the market. this has been around for over half a century. so there is nothing new there. So have you ever been in a relationship and suspected your partner might be playing away from home? If yes how have you went about it? Have you maybe tried looking at phone or emails , even facebook. and maybe your partner has become suspicous of the fact you are doing it. We basically cut all the non sense out and use our surveillance operators to action active surveillance . Honey traps maybe one little part of it . i would maybe use google my friend and see who else actually does this service you will see there are literly hundreds if not housands of companies throughout the world doing it.

If you feel so heavilly about it you can also report it to OFCOM,the SIA, Local athorities etc im sure they would listen. As for T.I.C solutions we will continue to be providing a service to individuals for a long time to come.

Covert surveillance is fairly common or garden to be fair, kudos to a company looking to authenticate its operation.

The only thing I can see to pick up on is "everybody's happy". obviously no one is particularly happy if they dont trust one another or the other party is cheating!

It seems you have no idea what you're talking about.

"thousands a week"

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Ha! How much exactly do you think it takes then?! Because anything less than £4k/week and it wouldn't even be open! We were taking that some weekends 2 1/2 years ago when James was involved, and we're taking more now! :hihi:

That is your opinion. by all accounts you are entittles to it , but one it aint a honey pot, its a honey trap. a name given by the market. this has been around for over half a century. so there is nothing new there. So have you ever been in a relationship and suspected your partner might be playing away from home? If yes how have you went about it? Have you maybe tried looking at phone or emails , even facebook. and maybe your partner has become suspicous of the fact you are doing it. We basically cut all the non sense out and use our surveillance operators to action active surveillance . Honey traps maybe one little part of it . i would maybe use google my friend and see who else actually does this service you will see there are literly hundreds if not housands of companies throughout the world doing it.

If you feel so heavilly about it you can also report it to OFCOM,the SIA, Local athorities etc im sure they would listen. As for T.I.C solutions we will continue to be providing a service to individuals for a long time to come.

I'm not in anyway doubting you run a legit operation, or that any other people don't do it, it's just I don't like the idea of entrapment using bait! Surveillance I am fine with.

You were not stating The Yorkshireman in now a gay bar, as the Odeon is now a bingo hall. You were suggesting, with no offence intended, that the former licencee would be surprised in some way by this fact.

Do you think that Odeon are surprised the building is now a bingo hall? And would you feel the need to comment on their behalf, with no offence intended?

Well we've found one thing out about you, that being, you are very well balanced, what with you having a very large chip on each shoulder.

As I said previously, if you don't like the content of my post simply push the 'report' button and let admin decide.

You were not stating The Yorkshireman in now a gay bar, as the Odeon is now a bingo hall. You were suggesting, with no offence intended, that the former licencee would be surprised in some way by this fact.

Do you think that Odeon are surprised the building is now a bingo hall? And would you feel the need to comment on their behalf, with no offence intended?

What is wrong with someone thinking a former licencee he knew would be suprised to find out his old pub is now a gay bar?.

I would be interested to know why you find that fact offensive.

So have you ever been in a relationship and suspected your partner might be playing away from home? If yes how have you went about it? Have you maybe tried looking at phone or emails , even facebook. and maybe your partner has become suspicous of the fact you are doing it.

Isn`t that what Jeremy Kyle show is for :huh:

They could just take a lie detector test.

Haha crookesey, very true!

Yes, the building went for £160k, it was in the market for £250k. Just because it sold for £150k doesn't mean that's what it's worth. It never had a for sale sign outside as they kept mysteriously disappearing, so unless you looked on the Punch or Cristies (Leeds) websites, you wouldn't have know it was for sale! Punch, the previous owner had it on their disposal list, and pretty much took what we offered for it, they are in a desperate position as they have over £4 billion worth of debt. How much do you think a refurb costs? To put things in perspective, we are spending £20k on the toilets and new stairway alone. The total budget for the refurb is between £80k-£100k.

Yes, the 'owner' company is listed in Somerset, although financially it is owned by Charlie and myself. I'm not going to explain the details of it to a bitter ex-manager and a 21yr old boy with a chip on his shoulder!

Re illegal activities. I think it's pretty obvious that a large number of people who stay out post midnight, especially till 6am, are usually very drunk, or on some form of stimulant. I've been in what are considered posh bars down Ecclesall road before late evening and seen people snorting white powder. If you think that Lions is the only bar in town where some people might have taken stimulants, then you are more naive than I thought! The Police are very happy with our procedures to control these activities, aside from putting a camera above each toilet, which some people may frown upon, what more can we do? Yes, we do have new door staff and a large percentage of new bar staff. I can assure you that none of our door staff would tolerate drug dealing or use, if people are caught. In fact, we have a rule that if 2 males are caught in the cubicle together they are asked to leave immediately. Less so with women as they are always toileting together!

Aaron, you've obviously not been in for ages, but still seem very wound up about Lions, I find to destress about things that linger in your mind, its good to rub your ear lobes between your thumb and index finger while saying woosaaaaa. Maybe you should try it?!

Does it still have the fabulous roof garden? Frank and Kath Drabble were amongst the elite of the Sheffield City Centre licencees. On their night off they and other members of the elite, would visit one of their fellow members pubs, talk about a bus mans holiday. :hihi:

When they retired the council found them a flat on the Norfolk Park, Frank was dead in no time, just like Joe Fagan come to think of it. :(

Does it still have the fabulous roof garden? Frank and Kath Drabble were amongst the elite of the Sheffield City Centre licencees. On their night off they and other members of the elite, would visit one of their fellow members pubs, talk about a bus mans holiday. :hihi:

When they retired the council found them a flat on the Norfolk Park, Frank was dead in no time, just like Joe Fagan come to think of it. :(

We do indeed have the beer garden still, it's not on the roof though! It's small ish, probably 4mx8m, but very private. We are in talks with the Heineken brewery for them to part-fund the refurb of the beer garden under one of their brands, like Bulmers.